mossberg 590 trigger guard

PDA

swede69
February 28, 2008, 01:07 PM
any source for a other then plastic trigger guard?or can we use one from another model. thanks..

If you enjoyed reading about "mossberg 590 trigger guard" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mnrivrat
February 28, 2008, 11:05 PM
I think the 590-A1 trigger gaurd is metal alloy and would be the only one available that would fit. Not sure of a source for them other than perhaps Mossberg .

ps: Under normal usage the 500 series trigger gaurds are quite durable so I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to replace one .

Zach S
February 29, 2008, 10:35 AM
Brownells had the 590 trigger housings listed a while back, however I think they were ffl only.

Ash
February 29, 2008, 10:40 AM
Why on earth would that be FFL only?

Ash

MAKster
March 1, 2008, 09:26 PM
In my opinion the plastic trigger guard issue is highly overrated. I suspect that a hit that was strong enough to break a plastic trigger guard would bend a metal one to the point it would prevent the trigger from moving. If the plastic one broke off you might still be able to pull the trigger.

jad0110
March 1, 2008, 11:51 PM
I suspect that a hit that was strong enough to break a plastic trigger guard would bend a metal one to the point it would prevent the trigger from moving. If the plastic one broke off you might still be able to pull the trigger.

I was actually thinking the same thing.

any source for a other then plastic trigger guard?or can we use one from another model. thanks..

Just curious, did you actually break it?

Zach S
March 4, 2008, 04:52 AM
Why on earth would that be FFL only?
I have no idea. They arent listed like that online now though, but they are out of stock.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=24369&title=500/590%20TRIGGER%20HOUSING%20ASSEMBLY

mnrivrat
March 4, 2008, 05:26 AM
Thank the blood sucking lawyers for the need to sell the trigger housing assy as a group to other than FFL . :rolleyes:

You can only get the complete assy now.

Zach S
March 5, 2008, 08:40 AM
IIRC, you could only get the complete assembly when they were ffl only.

Smitty in CT
March 5, 2008, 10:59 AM
Contact Mossberg at 1-800-363-3555, they will let you know if they are sold direct or not. If they're not restricted, they'll sell you them.

The plastic and metal are interchangable, but as stated above, I think the whole metal vs. plastic debate probably started when Remington didn't have a plastic trigger guard so it was just one more argument that the Remington defenders could use, now that Remingtons have a plastic trigger guard, too you don't hear the argument nearly as often.

FWIW, I've never seen a plastic trigger guard get broken, Mossberg or Remington.

If you enjoyed reading about "mossberg 590 trigger guard" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!