Idaho guts College Carry gun bill

PDA

tmajors
February 28, 2008, 06:46 PM
New version of the gun bill that would have allowed CCW on campus is up. It's passed senate and now over to the house.

SB 1441 (http://www3.idaho.gov/oasis/S1441.html)

This new version in writing allows and affirms colleges to be able to make their own restrictions on the carrying of firearms, basically doing the exact opposite of what this bill was originally designed to do.

If you enjoyed reading about "Idaho guts College Carry gun bill" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
February 28, 2008, 06:50 PM
Doncha love politics? Filthy liars.

mordechaianiliewicz
February 28, 2008, 09:00 PM
I hope the House kills it in protest. And tells the Senate to shape up. (Granted, I doubt it happens. But, hey maybe a college will let you CCW.... ya, right)

Henry Bowman
February 28, 2008, 09:45 PM
I hope the House kills it in protest.Amen to that.

Grizfire
February 29, 2008, 01:28 AM
This new version in writing allows and affirms colleges to be able to make their own restrictions

maybe a college will let you CCW

Nope, at least not at UI. Tim White has made it abundantly clear that he does not want students carrying.

bummer

Eightball
February 29, 2008, 02:05 AM
Sad....

MD_Willington
February 29, 2008, 05:39 AM
If it passes it will set precedence for cities to ban firearms on city property too...

So next time I'm at U of I I will be unarmed.. The Mayor of Moscow will again push hard to get firearms banned on city property.

Nobody's_Hero
February 29, 2008, 07:11 AM
I would not have expected this from Idaho. Being so close to Utah, I figured they would have been fairly satisfied with the positive track record of the student concealed carry allowed there. :(

I wonder how HB 915 is doing here in Georgia. I need to send Mr. Bearden another Email. He responded positively to my last one. :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Idaho guts College Carry gun bill" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!