Light Attachments

PDA

alex_trebek
February 29, 2008, 03:17 PM
I am thinking about purchasing an attachment for my M&P 40 compact. I want something in the ~$100 range. The laser attachments from lasermax say that the rail needs to be at least 1.75 inches. I havent found anyone else that gives a minimum length.

My questions are as follows:

Which brands are good for flashlights and lasers combinations, and single laser rail attachments?

The rail length on the M&P c is 1 inch. Are there any products readily available for this size?

Will an attachment for a Glock rail fit on the M&P's Picatinny?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Light Attachments" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MachIVshooter
March 5, 2008, 01:27 AM
The Insight X2 will fit. But they're closer to $200. I have one on my PF-9, which is considerably smaller than the M&P compact.

Markbo
March 6, 2008, 09:54 AM
I use the Springfield XML light on my XD40 Subcompact for the same reason. It has a TINY rail. It is not as bright as some of the $300 units, but I have tested it in a blackened 3 car garage and outside in the yard and it provides plenty of light to identify not only a person but enough light to see details enough to see if they have anything in their hand, etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "Light Attachments" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!