Anyone shoot with bar-dot adjustable rear sights?

PDA

RobertFBurnett
March 1, 2008, 02:28 PM
Hey all,

So my Gold Match is going back to Kimber, and one of the issues is with the rear sight.

So if it needed to be replaced I thought I would look into having night sights installed (I still just might keep the standard adjustable style though) like on my Sig. I really like the 3-Dots, but Kimber only had this as an option: http://www.kimberamerica.com/shop/product.php?xProd=196&xSec=15

I have no experience with these so called bar/dot sights, what are they like?

Thanks,
RFB

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone shoot with bar-dot adjustable rear sights?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Primersinmyshoe
March 1, 2008, 05:33 PM
I've got that sight system on my carry gun - the Kimber Grand Raptor II. They seem pretty sturdy, and easy to line up. With the old 3 dot night sights, if I'm in too much of a hurry the front dot is not in the middle of the rear dots, but to one side. Anyway, I'm happy with the bar-dot sight.

rbernie
March 1, 2008, 05:57 PM
They work well, and I prefer that style (and variations on the theme) over most any other.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone shoot with bar-dot adjustable rear sights?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!