VZ 82. Your experience with it?

PDA

jorferpe
March 1, 2008, 04:28 PM
I bought a VZ 82 pistol. I sned it to restoration with high polished blue. I t came out beautiful. Also I installed tritium night sights on it and they work great.
I have experienced a malfuction while at the range: Hammer will drop after each shot (by itself). I presume the problem is the sear and I am thinking on exchanging the old sear for a new one from a CZ 83 which I understand is the same arm. Any comments on this?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "VZ 82. Your experience with it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fchavis
March 1, 2008, 04:41 PM
If you dry fire, hold the trigger down then cycle the slide, does the hammer remain cocked? If the hammer follows the slide back down, while still depressing the trigger, can you push the hammer forward to contact the firing pin?

Could be the sear or the hammer. Does the hammer notch look warn? If the pistol does not go into burst mode, I'm betting it is the fully cocked notch on the hammer, as the sear is still catching the decocked position.

jorferpe
March 1, 2008, 04:58 PM
I think just the same. It is the hammer or the sear. What you said makes a lot of sense.
Thanks,

If you enjoyed reading about "VZ 82. Your experience with it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!