How are Glocks with +P ammo?

PDA

GJgo
March 1, 2008, 09:36 PM
Hi Y'all,

I have a G30, and considering a G26. I've always shot standard pressure ammo through it. Does anyone have info on if sustained +P use in them is an issue?

TIA

If you enjoyed reading about "How are Glocks with +P ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
March 1, 2008, 09:40 PM
It will not faze the gun one bit, except maybe for wearing out small parts like recoil springs a little faster. Even then it would take a lot of them. Glocks are fully rated for any SAAMI-spec ammunition including that which is designated as +P.

Recoil and controllability in rapid fire may be a problem, but that is a separate issue that you will have to decide for yourself.

legion3
March 1, 2008, 10:22 PM
Sustained use? Well I suppose there may be some issues over the long term but few could afford to shoot that much +P. Glock will handle +P and +p+ all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

Many gunmakers hem and haw when it comes to making a statement about +p, most "don't suggest prolonged use" but Glock had no such misgivings.

mpmarty
March 1, 2008, 11:11 PM
Please contact Glock in Smyrna Georgia and get the "hot scoop" from them. It is amazing how strong and safe these Glocks are. Never a problem. Kaboom? What's that?

JohnKSa
March 1, 2008, 11:14 PM
Your wallet will wear out before the pistol will.

GJgo
March 2, 2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks, good to hear. It's nice to have "words from the wise" before dropping over a buck a round on the stuff..

golden
March 2, 2008, 04:12 PM
My agency issued +P+ as our carry ammo for the GLOCK 17 and 19 that I carried. I never had any problems with it and did not hear of anyone else.

Jim

MarcusWendt
March 4, 2008, 08:32 AM
Kaboom? What's that?

A good question. I'd call Glock and ask them about using +p.

LAK Supply
March 4, 2008, 09:16 AM
Mine have been fine. I use a 22 lb. recoil spring in my G20's when shooting hot (Double Tap) 10mm... keeps the slide from stopping abruptly on the frame. Other than that no mods (relating to handling the ammo anyway) and no problems.

R&J
March 4, 2008, 05:49 PM
No problems YTD with +p 9 mm & .45 ACP, in G17, G19 & G21.

FWIW, my G21 fires DT 10 mm 1600 fps, 767 ft/lbs, 135 gr Noslers accurately and with about 98% reliability, using a KKM Conversion Barrel set up!

--Ray

If you enjoyed reading about "How are Glocks with +P ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!