45 Colt ballistics question

PDA

moewadle
March 2, 2008, 02:55 PM
I would like to put this in a forum more general then rifles because of the nature of the question. Maybe the person-in-charge can decide. Anyway, question is: What happens to the ballistics of a 45 "Long" Colt cartridge when fired from a rifle instead of revolver. I see that the rifles being marketed as replicas or semi-replicas of historic firearms are being sold in 45 Colt. So, can one of you well-versed shooters give some comparisons on muzzle energy, FPS, accuracy at different increments of distance, etc comparing a revolver and rifle. Also, same question for 38 Special as I see rifles are being sold in this caliber also. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

If you enjoyed reading about "45 Colt ballistics question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "45 Colt ballistics question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!