Thinking about buying one of these

PDA

NWdude83
March 2, 2008, 04:04 PM
I think they sell this exact one at the local gun show.
http://www.amazon.com/PalcoMkt-MK-A4-Cobra-Aluminum-Crossbow/dp/B0001W0E6M/ref=pd_sbs_sg_title_1

Thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Thinking about buying one of these" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CWL
March 4, 2008, 02:57 AM
What are you going to use it for?

I've owned 2 pistol crossbows over the years and have found them to be nothing more than toys in quality and accuracy. Don't expect more than minute-of-beercan performance at 10 yards. Don't plan on using it for hunting/survival nor self-defense.

jojo
March 4, 2008, 04:44 AM
I'll second that, don't waste your money.

I haev one int he basement that I play with from time to time, paid a lot less for it that the site has, but anyway. "minute-of-beercan" (that hilarious) is about the best you'll get.

357wheelgunner
March 4, 2008, 04:57 AM
I'd buy a smaller pump pellet gun, like the one that crossman makes, long before I'd get one of those (again). I had one and it was worthless.

NWdude83
March 4, 2008, 12:00 PM
Just some close range target shooting in the backyard. This one has a 4 out of 5 star customer rating...

Mp7
March 4, 2008, 01:13 PM
..maybe you should build a potato-cannon/Spudgun
Itīs perfect for close range backyard fun :)

mountaindrew
March 4, 2008, 02:45 PM
Great fun untill SWAT storms your yard and lays you out! This really happened to a good friend of mine in out teenage years. I never built a spudgun after that.
Some neighbor reported that someone was "firing a cannon" or some such.

wheelgunslinger
March 4, 2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah. A spudgun is a WMD. No kiddin.
The pistol crossbow is a pile in nearly every form. If you don't expect much from it, it can be fun. But, it's not a serious piece of equipment. At all.

Save your bux for something better, I say.

NWdude83
March 4, 2008, 07:13 PM
The whole point is to spend $50 or less.

NWdude83
March 4, 2008, 07:17 PM
Lets say I changed my mind and wanted to spend $100. What about this crossbow?
http://www.amazon.com/BUD-K-Pound-Trailblazer-Crossbow/dp/B000UU3L2E/ref=pd_sbs_sg_title_3

alaskanativeson
March 6, 2008, 02:09 AM
If you're looking to get it because you think it'd be fun to shoot, it's up to you if it's worth the money.

Spending $400 on a stupid Xbox and some game cartidges seems like a waste of a Ruger GP100 or a Randall Knife (what I'd choose to spend money on for fun) but it's your choice. Crossbows aren't useful for hunting in very many states but if you want to shoot one have at it. I had a Barrett (sp?) of some kind for a while but I didn't care for it. High quality, well made, just not my cup of tea.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thinking about buying one of these" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!