Cz52

PDA

Colorado
March 2, 2008, 04:52 PM
I recently fired a CZ52. Fun little gun. I really like the old military stuff. They are selling these at a Local Gun shop for $189. The 7.62x25 ??? ammo was surplus armor piercing and cheap. Anybody own one of these and what are your thoughts? Are they easy to clean? Reliable? Problems? Thanks-

If you enjoyed reading about "Cz52" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
boredelmo
March 2, 2008, 05:10 PM
Cleaning is very simple. Just pull the take down levers and you're good to go.

CZ52 have brittle firing pins, you should not dry fire on the original pin. Get a modern replacement for $7ish dollars and you're good to go.

From my understanding of going price, $189 is about $50 too much. Check aimsurplus.com or impactguns.com (although prices might have gone up).

I think the ergonomics takes some getting used to. Also the really weird cheap plastic grips are.....cheap and weird. There are available replacements if you scour the internet, or a cheap hogue slip on would help.

JHansenAK47
March 4, 2008, 02:42 AM
Don't use the decocker to uncock the hammer on a loaded chamber as the gun will fire. The decocker is for lowering the hammer on an empty chamber without damaging the cast (POS) firing pin. To activate the decocker press the safety up.

GBExpat
March 4, 2008, 03:32 AM
I have 3 of the Cz52 pistols that I bought in '02 when they could be had for ~$120 w/accessories. I find them to be heavy, awkward, uncomfortable ... but fun to shoot.

As has already been said, the FP is the problem area ... they also suffer from trigger slap, so an unmodded CZ52 can really do a number on your hand ... especially for days following the firing of many rounds.

Funderb
March 4, 2008, 03:38 AM
I shoot mine often, and the de-cocker works, though I'll never use it on a loaded chamber. It's a really nice handgun. Clean the barrel with hot water first after shooting milsurp ammo though. otherwise the barrel, chamber, and slide WILL rust.

JHansenAK47
March 4, 2008, 04:01 AM
I shoot mine often, and the de-cocker works, though I'll never use it on a loaded chamber.
Some of the pistols won't fire if you decock it and some will fire if you decock it. I know mine fires upon being decocked. Also with some of the milled replacement firing pins the decocker won't work any more after they are installed. Which I think is a good thing, because if you push the safety past safe and decock and fire that isn't very safe.

Funderb
March 4, 2008, 04:09 AM
oops, I meant to write, my decocker doesn't impact the primer.
The important thing is to keep a finger on the hammer when you are dropping it on a loaded chamber for holstering.

Keeterbird
March 4, 2008, 08:03 AM
I shoot about 210 round through one of my 52s each week. That is fun. The trigger is hard and the grips seem stupid at times. But squeeze off one of these rounds and the range will clear out. That fireball that leaps out and the spent shells which hit the guy about 40 feet away, and the report which sounds like Gabriel's horn, all make you aware of how great these guns are.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cz52" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!