Cannon or Liberty safe?

PDA

txgolfer45
January 11, 2003, 08:11 PM
Academy Sports has an American Eagle by Cannon gun safe that is 60x30x24 and weighs 530 lbs for $599 plus tax and delivery. The local Liberty dealer has a Centurion by Liberty safe that is the same size and weighs about the same. But, the Liberty is $799 plus tax and delivery. Is the Liberty safe that much better? I realize both are "entry level" safes.

Thanks,
Scott

If you enjoyed reading about "Cannon or Liberty safe?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lilbiggun
January 11, 2003, 11:36 PM
I have an american classic by cannon and I like it. Cannons are worth the money. The only gripe I have is that it doesnt hold the amount of guns that it claims, but I guess all the safes have the same problem. I havent heard anything about the liberty safes

txgolfer45
January 12, 2003, 09:53 AM
The fire rating is the same. But, the liberty salesman said there is no standard as to how they come up with the rating. Go figure.

Scott

dinosaur
January 12, 2003, 12:28 PM
Is the fire rating the same?

NEon
January 12, 2003, 12:48 PM
Looked over them all, then bought a Browning.

citizen
January 12, 2003, 01:13 PM
I know that Cannon safe; and can tell you that price is a STEAL.

Unless there's something OBVIOUSLY superior in the Liberty, I can't justify the additional expense.

txgolfer45
January 12, 2003, 01:32 PM
Looks like I'll be heading over to get the Cannon safe then. Thanks everyone.

Scott

Tropical Z
January 12, 2003, 01:39 PM
My priority was 10 gauge walls and 1/4" solid door.I ended up with a Winchester made by some company in Texas.Of those two i would have bought the Cannon.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cannon or Liberty safe?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!