Polish Tantel 5.45x39- any reviews?

PDA

chestnut ridge
March 4, 2008, 09:19 PM
Classic Arms is selling these for 490 each. They seem to be nice
in the pictures; but who is the manufacturer? Any one with trigger
time or knowledge of this rifle? The ammo is currently one of the
least expensive calibers available.

If you enjoyed reading about "Polish Tantel 5.45x39- any reviews?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rangerruck
March 5, 2008, 01:07 AM
that is a decent price, it is a fine shooting rig, very solidly built, quite accurate; really it is the one I would get.

MachIVshooter
March 5, 2008, 01:36 AM
I have a Tantal, but mine is a Lancaster build; U.S. receiver and Tapco trigger. I enjoy it. I paid a bit more, too ($679)

takhtakaal
March 5, 2008, 02:23 AM
Avoid it if it was dragged through the gauntlet of drunken monkeys at Century!

I have an Interarms/AUSA, and it shoots nicely.

MechAg94
March 5, 2008, 12:56 PM
I have Polish Tantal. It was built on an ArmoryUSA receiver by a guy with High Standard in their Houston shop. It is a solid rifle and as accurate as I can get with its sights.

My hangups are:
1) I have found I really hate wire folding stocks. I like having a solid butt stock for cheak weld. I find I don't like folding/collapsible stocks all that much.
2) It doesn't have a side mount for optics. I will either have to add one or get one of those mounts that sit on the barrel.

Neither of those hangups are all that bad. I do like the rifle and it is a good reliable gun. I don't know if this is in any way comparable to this one your are talking about.

BTR
March 5, 2008, 02:46 PM
Check and see if it is made by Century. I have read two or three negative comments about century's tantal barrels (key holing).

If you enjoyed reading about "Polish Tantel 5.45x39- any reviews?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!