S&W Sigma 9mm------

PDA

Bill2e
March 5, 2008, 06:11 PM
I shot a 5 shot group today from 7 yards with my Sigma that I can cover with a quarter. Works for me, now that was after I learned to work the trigger. The first mag was all over the place as I was jerking that butter smooth trigger :barf:

I knowthe gun takes akot of crap, but it goes bang every time and seems like I will be able shoot it well with some practice. And if every needed it would do the job.

Now the question I have is the slide will not lock when tha mag is empty with 115 grain FMJ. However it did lock back when I ran some 147 gr though it.

Any Ideas why? About the slide not locking open?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Sigma 9mm------" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ed Ames
March 5, 2008, 06:24 PM
I haven't had any problems with mine. Well... I don't think it liked the 147gr stuff all that much... but 147gr 9mm seems like a bad idea anyway. I certainly wouldn't carry that if I could get lower weight rounds.

I've got four mags and haven't seen any slide lock issues.

Accuracy even at 25 yards is quite respectable if you do your part. That's not always easy of course. The trigger ain't great. That's the only honest complaint I can muster against mine.... and even then it isn't as bad as many say.

Overall I think it's the best bargain going in a smallish full size service pistol. I say smallish because it's a good inch shorter and a fair amount lighter than some pistols with nominally the same barrel length. Then again I paid $250 (pre tax) for the pistol and 4 mags new. At $300 it would only be "among the best".

FieroCDSP
March 5, 2008, 11:29 PM
my only thought why it isn't locking back is the difference in recoil from the two different rounds. Whether that's brand difference, quality difference, or weight difference is hard to tell. Try some other brands of the weight that failed to lock and see if you get the same result. If so, you might call Smith and see what they can do. It's most likely that brand of 115 grain.

Bill2e
March 6, 2008, 05:26 PM
Actually it happened withe other 115 too, I think I'll call smith.

welshgrouser
March 7, 2008, 04:25 PM
I'd say contact S&W... mine eats up 115's,125's and 147's w/no issues..

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Sigma 9mm------" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!