ABC's of Reloading (2005)

PDA

cskelly
March 5, 2008, 11:17 PM
Does anyone have an extra book laying around? I am having a hard time locating it and would LOVE to start reloading.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "ABC's of Reloading (2005)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sig228
March 6, 2008, 07:04 AM
Try Amazon. Pretty easy to get them over there.

Thirties
March 6, 2008, 10:32 AM
Kelly, that book is not required reading to start reloading. If you insist, get it from your public library.

You should definitely buy and own at least a couple of loading manuals -- I recommend Speer and Lyman.

JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
March 6, 2008, 11:36 AM
I just gave one away on the Pay It Forward thread!

-Steve

Smokey Joe
March 6, 2008, 02:02 PM
Kelly, that book is not required reading to start reloading.This is a true statement. However, studying The ABC's will save you from a LOT of having to re-invent the wheel. Wish it had been around back when I started reloading. It contains a ton of basic how-to information, as well as info beyond the basics. Belongs on every reloader's bookshelf, well thumbed, IMHO.

:DDirections??? We're men! We don't need no stinkin' directions!!!:D

cskelly
March 6, 2008, 02:12 PM
Amazon is out of stock, all my stores are out of stock. You can buy it on EBAY for about $90 (yea a little to much).

I am considering reloading and would like to start with this book. However, is there a book that would teach me start to finish as well as make recommendations on equipment?

Thanks

PO2Hammer
March 6, 2008, 02:16 PM
The ABCs of reloading is an entertaining read with a lot of tips and tricks, but the Lyman reloading manual a better nuts and bolts textbook IMO.

Smokey Joe
March 6, 2008, 02:33 PM
If not available locally nor on the I'net, you can order direct from the publisher, Krause Publishing, www.krause.com

ETA--Just checked Krause's website, and The ABC's is not presently available from there. (Tho' they do have 9 pages of firearm & knife related books!) My spies @ Krause tell me that a new edition, the 8th, is due out "early this year," and they must be between editions at the moment.

Anyhow, keep an eye on Krause's website, and surely when they have some of the new edition it'll be there.

JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
March 6, 2008, 03:45 PM
Call Midway to see if these are coming back into stock on the date they have listed here.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=738288

This one on Evilbay costs much less than $90. Buy it now for $32 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ABCs-of-Reloading-7th-Edition-Book-by-Bill-Chevalie_W0QQitemZ180169243639QQihZ008QQcategoryZ71120QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Or... If you buy/ship me a quality Stainless, Arched, Checkerd Mainspring Housing for a full size 1911, I'll send you a used copy of 3rd edition.

-Steve

If you enjoyed reading about "ABC's of Reloading (2005)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!