Anyone know how to take down a SITES- Spectre HC pistol?

PDA

Marrty
March 6, 2008, 12:13 AM
Just bought this rather rare handgun at a gunshow, but I can't figgure out how to break it down for cleaning.

Nobody seems to know how these things take down, heck nobody knows much of anything about these guns, but I'm hoping that someone here on THR will be able to tell me how to do it.

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg21-e.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone know how to take down a SITES- Spectre HC pistol?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Seatfool
May 18, 2008, 08:16 PM
Howdy,
I just got one too, and it came with a spare manual, if you want it, gimme a shout and I'll fire it off to you.
cheers,
Charley

Seatfool
May 18, 2008, 08:21 PM
I guess I ought to just tell you since that is so much quicker. There is a coiled spring thingy on the butt end of the sling swivel pin. Rotate that until it is in line with the pin and then pull the sling swivel completely out. Push the rear end cap in as you pull the pistol grip housing down and that separates the lower from the upper. Then push down on the rear sight and it hinges a lever that will allow the end cap to come off and all the inner bits to shoot out so watch it. Oh yeah, do all the "remove the magazine, check to see it's unloaded, wear safety glasses and a chain mail suit before you disassemble" business before you get started.

Moonclip
May 19, 2008, 02:42 AM
Very neat! I've only seen them in books. Show us some pics. Very nice of you to send the spare manual.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone know how to take down a SITES- Spectre HC pistol?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!