Fnp-45

PDA

JaxNovice
March 6, 2008, 10:12 AM
Has anyone here handled or shot one of these yet?

If you enjoyed reading about "Fnp-45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ugaarguy
March 6, 2008, 12:13 PM
Haven't shot, but have handled. They're tall/long in the grip, but that keeps the grip thin. My short fat fingers can barely reach the trigger on a full size USP or Glock 21 (even the 21SF), but the FNP is comfortable for me even with the arched backstrap. The slide is a long & thick but well contoured chunk of steel. Because of this it feels top heavy, as do most poly frame .45 ACP handguns. Reach to the slide release and decocker lever is easy & comfortable even for me. The case it ships in is huge, but very well laid out inside. They're pretty neat.

Rayden
March 6, 2008, 12:44 PM
I've handled one at a gun show and it seems nice. It is too big to be a CCW in my opinion, but would make a nice bedside companion.

MachIVshooter
March 6, 2008, 01:03 PM
I was really interested in buying one-until I held one. OMG, what a bulky and off-balance pistol. The ergo's just plain suck, IMO. Seriously, they're nice looking and I like the idea of a 14+1 .45 ACP, but this thing is about as nimble as my Desert Eagle. It felt very much like a Mk23. Truly disappointing, as there really is no other option for a TDA .45 with such capacity.

Shipwreck
March 6, 2008, 06:53 PM
Several members have one at the FN forum... They seem to be happy with them...

LoadedDrum
March 7, 2008, 12:07 AM
I held one at my last trip to the gun store. I won't be trading in my Para P14 for one any time soon. It just does not feel right (too top heavy perhaps) for my tastes.

Rayden
March 7, 2008, 01:02 AM
I held one at my last trip to the gun store. I won't be trading in my Para P14 for one any time soon. It just does not feel right (too top heavy perhaps) for my tastes.

I might add that with 15 rds of .45 ammo the weight distribution would even out nicely won't ya think? :D

MachIVshooter
March 7, 2008, 08:42 AM
I might add that with 15 rds of .45 ammo the weight distribution would even out nicely won't ya think?

Problem is, full magazines don't stay that way when you're shooting. The FN-45 is nose heavy enough that one will have to compensate as the magazine empties to keep POI the same. Many auto's are a bit nose heavy when empty, but with the new FN, it seems excessive.

OTOH, I'm sure the thing is hell-for-stout with that much steel in the slide. I wish they'd build it with a steel frame. It would be heavy, but probably balance well.

Nikon777
March 8, 2008, 05:34 PM
Man up, its a hi-cap 45 ACP. Its not gonna handle like a Glock 19.

Glockorama
April 30, 2008, 09:10 AM
Man up, its a hi-cap 45 ACP. Its not gonna handle like a Glock 19.

+1. I love simple, honest, logic. :)

NWdude83
April 30, 2008, 12:05 PM
I was kinda ticked off that the new issue of Guns&Ammo Handguns has the Taurus .45 instead of the FNP-45 going up against Glock, XD, and M&P.

MMMike
April 30, 2008, 11:45 PM
It's a great gun, big, but managable.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii80/mmmike_photos/fnp45-sit.jpg

tntwatt
May 8, 2008, 08:24 PM
Absolutely love mine, only problem is no holsters available yet.

sernv99
May 8, 2008, 08:50 PM
whats the going rate on these? how do they compare to a SIG 220 (besides the higher capacity)?

GZOh
May 9, 2008, 05:44 AM
Went to a FNH 'sales-demo' few weeks ago, was looking for my first 'poly' (own 3 CZs)... close to getting the M&P9 when I met the FNPs (9mm & .45)! I have large hands and BOTH guns were a PERFECT FIT for me! Have shot several .45s but the FNP has, by far the 'softest' recoil in a .45 I've ever felt! Yes, it's alittle 'top-heavy' but IMHO its a SUPER GUN! I put 50rnds thru, shot GREAT, not one FTF or problem... It's a beautiful gun, quality-made and was reasonably priced @ $550... My problem, it's NOT really a CCW gun and targeting gets VERY EXPENSIVE with .45 ammo (I'm just gettin warmed-up @ 100+rnds)... So I BOUGHT the FNP-9 and TOTALLY LOVE IT!! If you're in the market for a poly .45 and the FNP looks 'right' to you, and fits your hand... GO FOR IT... you won't regret it, it's a GREAT shooting Gun!!

sfmittels
May 11, 2008, 02:19 AM
I bought an FNP-45 a couple of months ago. IMO, this thing is a major winner! The slide is machined perfectly, the barrel is hammer-forged, the diameter of the grip is smaller than a Glock 21SF (even though the FNP holds one more round), and it's both more manageable and more accurate than the Glock. The trigger pulls (DA and SA) are similar to SIG, but heavier. The trigger break is very crisp. My first five shot group went into one ragged hole. It field strips exactly the same as a SIG. I like it!

outerlimit
May 11, 2008, 02:34 AM
Have they solved the problems with them? I really want to like this gun, and I'm a fan of FN, but I'm a bit leary after reading about it. FN's one word replies to my emails didn't really convince me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Fnp-45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!