Indeed .... 2" longer is Good!!!

PDA

P95Carry
August 7, 2003, 12:57 AM
Not long ago got this Super Redhawk .. the 9 1/2" tube version. Oh my ..... does that extra 2" ever seem worthwhile!

I put some homeloads thru other day (18grns 2400 ... behind 230 SWC cast bullet) .... not a max load but hey ..... grouping at 50 yds was ... well, Nice!! Yet to chrono either but bound to find a gain in FPS of course too.

This seems a great combination ..... and with Millet Red Dot ... this is a gun I'd very much like to hunt with. I'm quite a happy camper!

http://www.patriotnetwork.net/cb_gun2/srh_s.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Indeed .... 2" longer is Good!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
August 7, 2003, 01:27 AM
Nice revolver! What caliber? 230gr. sounds like a .45 ACP bullet in a .45 Colt case - unless you're using a non-standard .44 Magnum bullet weight? Tell us more!

P95Carry
August 7, 2003, 08:41 AM
Just regular 44 mag Preacherman ..... The bullet is a Lee SWC - sized .429 .... tho I used to use a rather nice Keith 250 way back ..... and in fact have a new mould now to cast some heavyweights .... 320 IIRC - Lyman gas check.

I am hoping to work up some good loads with that and hope to get some good results thru this gun ...... my SBH quite likes the loads I have been using but this extra length in the SRH tube sure tightens things up - with that load anyways .:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Indeed .... 2" longer is Good!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!