Springfield Armory SAR-8 (HK Clone)?????

PDA

Gunther
March 6, 2008, 08:57 PM
Have a chance to purchase a SA SAR-8 with lots of accessories, retractable stock, mags. etc. Anyone have any experience with this gun. It is an HK G-3/91 clone. I have read they used Greek military frames etc.. Also advise on what you consider to be a good price. Many Thanks!!!!!!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Armory SAR-8 (HK Clone)?????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fixxxer
March 6, 2008, 09:25 PM
If it is the greek version, buy it.
Made on the same machinery as HK.

I recently bought one myself.
Mine was post ban so I cant have a flashhider.
But that doest really matter to me considering the price I got it for.

SnakeEater
March 6, 2008, 09:26 PM
The steel receiver rifles are excellent, near perfect clones of the HK-91. They were built on HK tooling. The aluminum receiver SAR's are junk, run away if this is what you're looking at. You can easily spot the junk ones by the built in rail on top of the receiver.

If it's a steel version, prices vary but should be less than $2K. Mags can be had very, very cheaply, so don't pay a premium for them.

nwilliams
March 6, 2008, 09:51 PM
Also advise on what you consider to be a good price

What price are they asking for it? Once we know that then we can tell you if its a good price or not....

nbkky71
March 6, 2008, 10:17 PM
I don't own one, but I've shot them before. Those things can really THROW brass!

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Armory SAR-8 (HK Clone)?????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!