HKS or LULA speed loader?

PDA

welshgrouser
March 7, 2008, 03:01 AM
Is the Lula speed loader($25) worth the $ vs. the hks ($9) speedloader? (sigma hi-cap magazine)

If you enjoyed reading about "HKS or LULA speed loader?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ghideon
March 7, 2008, 04:42 AM
It is for me. I'm never going to go back from the LULA pistol or AR loader.

mekender
March 7, 2008, 05:30 AM
UpLULA has my vote

DerbyDale
March 7, 2008, 06:20 AM
UpLULA for me too. Best loader on the market - period!

I paid $30 for mine and its worth every penny. I will still get one if it was twice the price.

Michigunner
March 7, 2008, 03:49 PM
I just purchased the UpLULA. It is absolutely outstanding.

The web site is http://www.maglula.com/.

Be sure and watch the movie showing operation of this marvelous device.

putteral
March 7, 2008, 04:55 PM
Upula is a real Thumb saver. Best mag loader.

berkbw
March 7, 2008, 05:05 PM
Mine is on it's way. Now to find a nonballistic unloader.
b-

CJ
March 7, 2008, 05:25 PM
Is the sigma going to be the only pistol magazine you'll want to ever load? If not, get the LULA. Buying the HKS will help with this magazine, but what about the next? Another $9?

The UPLULA simply rocks. It beats any other loader I have...faster and easier to use. My HKS needs to get the magazine lined up just right and takes some degree of precision. I know, I know...not much, and not that bad to use, but the UPLULA is just better and faster.

So far, loaded my: HK, Sig, Hi Point, 1911, PT-145. Try THAT with any other loader!

welshgrouser
March 7, 2008, 09:43 PM
As of now... it's my only auto.. I'm a revolver guy... wanted something w/high capacity for SD and at 100 the sigma was perfect (all I had to do was buy a 1000 460xvr to get the deal on the sigma- ha)

There might be a steel plate gun in the future if the planets align..

modifiedbrowning
March 7, 2008, 10:16 PM
I have been using the same HKS loader for 6 yrs. I have used it to load Walther, CZ, Steyr, and Bersa mags with no problems.

ants
May 4, 2008, 01:54 AM
I have a half dozen HKS and like them, but I got my MidwayUSA shipment yesterday with a LULA for 223 AR magazine.

Oh, My God. This thing rocks.

RobertFBurnett
May 4, 2008, 03:31 AM
Another declaration of love for UPLula.

Got mine here http://www.topgunsupply.com/UpLula-Magazine-Speedloader-UNIVERSAL-PISTOL-pr-977.html

and love it.

RFB

Kor
May 5, 2008, 02:10 AM
I've used the HKS maybe twice after I first bought one way back in 1992...since I don't have problems with hand/thumb strength or joint pain, I felt that manually loading my pistol mags was actually faster and more convenient than inserting the mag in the HKS, working the thumb lever, then pressing the round all the way back under the feed lips, yadda yadda yadda...

I bought an UPLULA last September and used it to load over 1K rounds in my Glock 26 magazines over the course of 2 pistol classes, and it now rides permanently in my range bag, so that I always have it ready for any range session.

The UPLULA may cost 3X the HKS, but it is easily 5X faster, easier to use, and more convenient. It definitely passes the cost-benefit analysis...

If you enjoyed reading about "HKS or LULA speed loader?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!