CMP Ammunition Order

PDA

nstoolman1
March 7, 2008, 07:22 PM
I'm sure this sounds a little dense but bear with me. I emailed CMP to find out what form(s) I need to fill out for Ammo purchase. Do I need to fill out all the personal questions if I send in my C + R? There are 4 pages in the catalogue. Some deal with gun purchases. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks'

If you enjoyed reading about "CMP Ammunition Order" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gator
March 7, 2008, 08:56 PM
All the info you need is on page two of the order form (http://www.odcmp.com/Forms/1orderform.pdf).

TO PURCHASE MILITARY SURPLUS PARTS OR AMMUNITION FROM THE CMP A PURCHASER MUST:
1. Be a U.S. citizen and be a member of a CMP affiliated organization. You must provide a copy of your current membership card or other proof. This requirement cannot be waived.
2. Complete the Order Form and sign the Liability Agreement.
3. Mail order form to CMP. Parts, ammunition and memorabilia orders may also be faxed to the CMP at 256-241-0436.

Mojo-jo-jo
March 7, 2008, 10:10 PM
Yes, the qualifications/procedure is identical for both rifles and ammo. You will need to join a qualifying club, if you have not done so already.

heritageguy
March 8, 2008, 12:11 AM
I bought some Greek surplus ammo and I didn't have to send in anything. Did it through the E-store online. Technically they called it commercial ammunition so maybe there's a difference?

nstoolman1
March 8, 2008, 12:45 AM
I understood a C + R License is an exception to the club or affiliation requirements. Thanks for the responses.

Chester32141
March 8, 2008, 12:53 AM
Does anyone have a link for CMP or the names of any qualifying groups ... I'm always looking for a new source of bulk ammo ...

Gator
March 8, 2008, 01:34 AM
http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/clubSearch.cgi

I understood a C + R License is an exception to the club or affiliation requirements.

No, but it does satisfy the marksmanship related activity requirement.

Poprivit
March 8, 2008, 06:34 PM
FWIW: This month's issue of the Garand Collectors Association has an article on the CMP (ODCMP.com). They have over 60 million (Million!) rounds of 30-06 with more to come. Buy yourself a M1 and lots of ammo (760 rounds) for less than $800. I've purchased 3 over the years. They send door-to-door and e-mail you when they ship. Best deal on five planets.

Oh yeah, they just took delivery of thousands of Greek return M1s. Won't run out for a while.

If you enjoyed reading about "CMP Ammunition Order" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!