Part Hunt: Volunteer Arms Commando mark3 extractor: Help ?

PDA

hexidismal
March 7, 2008, 07:44 PM
So, I've recently tasked myself (just for heck of it) with finding this part for someone who needs one. It's as stated in the title: An extractor for a Mark 3 Commando "Tommy-gun" clone in .45Auto, made by Volunteer Arms in the 70's. Any and all help in location the part would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-JT

If you enjoyed reading about "Part Hunt: Volunteer Arms Commando mark3 extractor: Help ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingjoey
March 7, 2008, 08:15 PM
I checked the usual sources and couldn't find one. If you get in a pinch and can't find it, send us the bolt and we can machine a replacement part for you. Some of those oddball guns by companies like Volunteer or Demro are very difficult to find parts for.

hexidismal
March 7, 2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah I did a quick run of all my easy sources also, but I hadn't made any calls or anything. As it turns out actually, I just got an email from the fella that was looking and he says he'd like to find a complete bolt for the gun now.

I don't even know the guy, I just thought I'd make at least a small effort to help since I assumed I'd have a little more access to parts sources. Besides, sometimes a part hunt is fun .. hehe

If you enjoyed reading about "Part Hunt: Volunteer Arms Commando mark3 extractor: Help ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!