Gas pistol AR uppers

PDA

Crow1108
March 9, 2008, 05:53 PM
Currently weighing my options for getting a gas pistol upper for my AR. I know Bushmaster wants around $1k for one. Are there any less expensive with comparable or better quality?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gas pistol AR uppers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bailey Guns
March 9, 2008, 09:17 PM
Bushmaster is gearing up to ship gas piston conversions for $400. Estimated ship time (for whatever that's worth) is supposed to be by the end of May.

I have an LWRC in 6.8...awesome. I also have one of the Bushmaster piston rifles in .223. Also awesome. Can't recommend either highly enough.

Don't know of a cheaper one, though.

rangerruck
March 10, 2008, 12:31 AM
cost on these is a hard bit to swallow; if they are treated with all the chem/metal treatments like POF does, they seem to be pretty costly.
If remmy/bushy can bring the cost down, that would be great.

Click Click Boom
March 10, 2008, 01:09 AM
The Bushmaster IS A POF upper!

rangerruck
March 10, 2008, 12:05 PM
right, and hopefully , with them being more mass produced, they can bring cost down even more.

Crow1108
March 10, 2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll probably put the money down for the $400 conversion kit.

Click Click Boom: Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a POF upper?

jerkface11
March 10, 2008, 04:53 PM
POF=Patriot Ordinance Factory

JWarren
March 10, 2008, 04:59 PM
Is there any word on any accuracy differences using the piston uppers?

I've heard mixed reviews. Some owners claim a difference, and others claim no difference.

I frankly don't see how it could affect accuracy much-- being such a small, low-mass piston. But I'd still like to hear comments. Call it my "Need to Know." (OK trivia experts-- what movie did that come from?)

-- John

highorder
March 10, 2008, 05:48 PM
tell me more of these $400 conversions...

Click Click Boom
March 10, 2008, 10:14 PM
The POF rifles use a real nice really expensive barrel. I shot three five shot dime sized groups @100 yards with a 1-3 CQ/T scope on a friends POF upper/Stag lower. I was impressed.

JWarren
March 10, 2008, 11:06 PM
I think dimes at 100 yards is about as much as I'd ever expect from an AR. Seems that Click Click Boom answered that one. :)

-- John

Hellion Productions
March 11, 2008, 04:43 AM
"Seems our friend T-Bird won't be joining us this evening on account of a slight case of death."

The Crow, baby!

Best,
John Bear Ross

JWarren
March 11, 2008, 08:29 AM
"Seems our friend T-Bird won't be joining us this evening on account of a slight case of death."

The Crow, baby!

Best,
John Bear Ross

YES!!!

I was wondering if anyone would get that. Great movie!

"I feel like a little-bitty worm on a big F___'in hook."

"A little-bitty worm on a big F___'in hook? Boy, your mama ought to be proud."

-- John

If you enjoyed reading about "Gas pistol AR uppers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!