Pondering a Mech Tech CCU

PDA

GrendelPrime
March 9, 2008, 08:15 PM
Since the advice and impressions I have seen so far in THR have been predominantly level-headed, I am looking for anyone having experience with the Carbine Conversion Unit (CCU) by MechTech (http://www.mechtechsys.com/).

I love the idea, but I see a lot of room for poor quality/execution of the unit and do not recognize the MechTech name.
Anecdotes, observations, links, or Monty Python quotes appreciated.

Search yielded 0 results, but if this has been discussed previously, please point me to it and I apologize.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pondering a Mech Tech CCU" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dave from mesa
March 9, 2008, 08:25 PM
I have one set up to take a 1911 lower. It is in 45 cal. I do have a Para hi-cap lower on it now. Ten rds just wasn't enough. :D Haven't had a bit of problems in the 7 yrs I've had it. Hardball, my ipc loads, light loads it just shoots them and it's very accurate. Plus its just plain cool looking.
Good luck in your search

jlg
January 16, 2009, 11:45 PM
"She turned me into a newt...I got better."
Sorry couldn't resist the request for Monty Python quotes.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Pondering a Mech Tech CCU" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!