Will South Park ever do an epsiode on gun control?

PDA

Focke-Wolf
March 10, 2008, 01:26 PM
I'm curious what would they do on such topics.

If you enjoyed reading about "Will South Park ever do an epsiode on gun control?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jr_roosa
March 10, 2008, 01:31 PM
They've definitely parodied the gun culture pretty heavily already.

-J.

Bobarino
March 10, 2008, 01:42 PM
wait 'til after Heller. new episodes are starting this week and they are often right on top on current social and political issues. i know lots of people dislike that show because of the potty mouths and lousy animation but its the best satire on TV.

Bobby

eric.cartman
March 10, 2008, 01:43 PM
Respect my authoriteeeee!!!

Deer Hunter
March 10, 2008, 01:43 PM
I'm with Bobby, it's the best satire on TV. I enjoy watching it just for that.

Spyvie
March 10, 2008, 01:47 PM
South Park is amazingly well balanced politically/culturally, I might even say a little to the right at times. One of the best and funniest shows on the air.

Timmy!

brighamr
March 10, 2008, 01:48 PM
They've hinted at gun control a few times

"You see stan, the enviromentalists say we can't kill animals unless they're posing a threat. Now everytime we go hunting we have to yell 'It's coming right for us!' before we shoot the critter"

TexasRifleman
March 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
"It's coming right for us!"

That's what you have to say before you shoot something or the environmentalists will be angry with you.

Season One :)

ETA: LOL Brig and I were posting the same thing at the same time.....

MechAg94
March 10, 2008, 02:42 PM
"Democrats piss me off" was also a quote from that show. :)

I don't think South Park is "right wing" at all. It is more "anti-liberal". I have seen an interview with the creators and they basically said the same thing. Said they hate conservatives, but the really, really hate liberals.

I really like the show, but some of the shows can be really, really disgusting.

The funniest South Park show I have ever seen was the one where the kids steal the killer whale from the water park and haul him to Mexico. When the kids broke into the water park, they all were wearing black face paint. All except for the Token, the one black kid, who was wearing white face paint. Too funny.

RancidSumo
March 10, 2008, 02:48 PM
I bet they do after the upcomming SCOTUS case. I love South Park and I bet that if they do a show on it it will be against gun control.

.cheese.
March 10, 2008, 02:55 PM
I don't know guys. Heller spoof or no Heller spoof, it would be mighty hard to to top "Mr. and Mrs. Tenorman chili." That episode played again last night. It may very well be the most clever South Park episode ever.

Also, in that episode:

Cartman: It's delicious, Chef. I hadn't planned on that. What I did plan on, however, was that my friends, Stan and Kyle, would betray me and warn you that the Chili Con Carnival was a trap.

[Stan and Kyle are stunned]

Cartman: I assumed that they would tell you that I had trained Denkins' pony to bite off your weiner. What they didn't tell you was that Denkins is a crazy redneck who shoots trespassers on sight. Knowing that you would try and do something to the pony, I warned Mr. Denkins that violent pony killers were in the area. I also knew that you wouldn't go yourself, for fear of having your weiner bitten off. You would most likely send your parents. And, I'm afraid that when Mr. Denkins spotted them on his property, he shot and killed both your parents.

Mr. Denkins: Well, they was trespassin' and I was protectin' myself. I, I have my rights!

MachIVshooter
March 10, 2008, 02:57 PM
South Park is amazingly well balanced politically/culturally

A more fitting description would be equal opportunity offenders. Nothing is sacred to Parker and Stone.

I love that show. And Family Guy.

RancidSumo
March 10, 2008, 03:24 PM
Cartman: It's delicious, Chef. I hadn't planned on that. What I did plan on, however, was that my friends, Stan and Kyle, would betray me and warn you that the Chili Con Carnival was a trap.

[Stan and Kyle are stunned]

Cartman: I assumed that they would tell you that I had trained Denkins' pony to bite off your weiner. What they didn't tell you was that Denkins is a crazy redneck who shoots trespassers on sight. Knowing that you would try and do something to the pony, I warned Mr. Denkins that violent pony killers were in the area. I also knew that you wouldn't go yourself, for fear of having your weiner bitten off. You would most likely send your parents. And, I'm afraid that when Mr. Denkins spotted them on his property, he shot and killed both your parents.

Mr. Denkins: Well, they was trespassin' and I was protectin' myself. I, I have my rights!

I made you eat your parents! I made you eat your parents!

Deer Hunter
March 10, 2008, 03:34 PM
Haha, Scott Tennerman Must Die. Best episode EVER!

eric.cartman
March 10, 2008, 03:34 PM
Screw you guys! I'm going home.

nwilliams
March 10, 2008, 03:42 PM
South Park is the best I'll never stop watching it no matter what they parody.

Honestly I own the entire series from season one to season ten on dvd and have watched just about every episode several times over. I can't remember any episode that is overtly anti-gun in any way.

I would agree also the South Park when compared to most other popular cartoons is the most anti-liberal, with the exception of King of the Hill.

Just a reminder for those fans, the new season starts this Wednesday!!

bogie
March 10, 2008, 03:52 PM
I dunno... When I stopped smoking weed, I also pretty much stopped watching cartoons...

gunsnmoses
March 10, 2008, 03:53 PM
its not as much anti-liberal as anti-idiot and anti-hypocrite. which happens to overlap with most liberal causes these days.

they make fun of the religious right, televangelism, etc too

3/325
March 10, 2008, 03:57 PM
Best episode ever: Turd Sandwich vs. Giant ******

A superbly done satire on the election process.

RLsnow
March 10, 2008, 04:02 PM
i liked the episode with the zombies...:P

jerkyman45
March 10, 2008, 04:04 PM
"I know hippies, I've hated them all my life."

Jimbo and Ned are kind of a repeating parody of the gun culture I suppose, and I'm not gonna lie they are pretty much hysterical. There was that one episode when they were smuggling fireworks into the US illegally and the fireworks they brought in ended up saving pretty much the entire country from the giant expanding snake firework the town set off. I always thought that was a positive representation of the gun culture and how they might just be the last bunch to save the country from an idiotic government with idiotic laws.

Crow1108
March 10, 2008, 04:05 PM
I like South Park. The world of warcraft episode was hillarious.

As for Family Guy, they were great when they came out, but they've become pretty liberal lately. American Dad is pretty good though.

RLsnow
March 10, 2008, 04:08 PM
As i understand it, Family guy and American dad are both made by the same people...

hnk45acp
March 10, 2008, 04:20 PM
in many interviews they portray themselves as pretty Libertarian

jerkface11
March 10, 2008, 04:46 PM
I've yet to see a south park episode that sided with government control of anything. They always lean towards personal responsibility and freedom.

Rokyudai
March 10, 2008, 05:05 PM
I volunteer my services to be a guest. Here is my rendering. I was not carrying at the time this was made!

keeleon
March 10, 2008, 05:17 PM
I too would like to see that one if they did it. I can guarantee they will have some crazy progun people though, they are very good at showing the hypocrisy on both sides. My favorites are the one where Chef wants the flag changed, the one with the mormons and the scientology one. There is no greater and smarter satire on TV, nor will there probably be ever.

ColinthePilot
March 10, 2008, 05:52 PM
I love south park for all the reasons already stated. I agree with equal opportunity haters. There is no group, idea, culture, race, religion, creed, sex, color, political topic, candidate, etc that is safe from them.

RLsnow
March 10, 2008, 06:52 PM
i think that is good :D:D:D

though sometimes i feel just a little bit ashamed for laughing at something on there...you know, like you know it shouldnt me funny...but it kinda is, and you cant stop laughing...and you feel horrible inside..

keeleon
March 10, 2008, 06:58 PM
That reminds me of a joke I heard a stand up comedian say yesterday.

"You know thee are some things you just shouldn't laugh at. For instance a kid being decapitated by an airbag in a car accident.

But tell me you can keep a straight face when you hear that the kid was saying MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMY, I WANT A BALLOON, I WANT A BALLOON!!"

Terrible, I know, but sometimes you just have to laugh at life no matter how terrible and depressing it is.

harbingerm
March 10, 2008, 07:30 PM
I liked the "biggest turd" episode. Who knew Stan's dad's colon was rifled? And Bono of U2 was the biggest turd ever made until Randy set the record...

I haven't seen any new South Parks lately, however. They used to come on Wed nights on Comedy Central, but not anymore. I think the last new one I saw was the Imagination Land ones and Guitar Queero. Also, check out southparkzone.com. You can watch all the episodes for free.

RP88
March 10, 2008, 07:40 PM
I wonder how they would do it, though.

and yes, I love that show. It used to be a pretty non-chalant show with random jokes in it, but they evolved it into an awesome satire. Its hard to pick a favorite, but the imaginationland and world of warcraft episodes were very well-done. They get better and better as they do them.

jerkface11
March 10, 2008, 07:41 PM
There's a new one on this Wednesday night. Looks like Cartman running for president.

RancidSumo
March 10, 2008, 07:45 PM
I love Cartman. He shares many of my views.

harbingerm
March 10, 2008, 07:58 PM
I love Cartman. He shares many of my views.

Hopefully not the one where he puts Butter's "love nuggets" in his mouth and takes a picture. :eek:

I find Cartman hilarious, too. I loved the early episode where he gets the alien anal probe and farts fire. He's the best for one liners. "I'll ro-sham-bo ya for it"..."Respect my authoritah!"..."Beefcake!"...

RancidSumo
March 10, 2008, 08:13 PM
Hopefully not the one where he puts Butter's "love nuggets" in his mouth and takes a picture.

No, not that one. One example would be the hippie episode.

harbingerm
March 10, 2008, 08:15 PM
Oh hamburgers... :D

BlazingAngel01
March 10, 2008, 08:24 PM
I love the show. I think it is Pro gun and anti stupid. I takes all the problems and show how easy it is to fix them but according to most politicians "there is no black and white":banghead:

politicalgeek
March 10, 2008, 09:56 PM
Another great one is the smoking episode.

The school has a group come in to present anti-smoking motivation to the students. The anti-smokers are pretty lame and when they say something to the effect of "be just like us, don't smoke" the boys take up smoking.

The school gets burnt down by their wayward cigarettes when they try to toss them away instead of being caught. They blame it on big tobacco rather than owe up to it. Rob Reiner and the anti-smoking campaign get involved from that point.

Eric, at first, loves Reiner completely bullying his positions...until Reiner's group makes a commercial with Cartman as a victim of cancer and tries to kill him to make it true.

The episode completely mocks the anti-smoking groups and makes big tobacco look responsible and well minded.

lanternlad1
March 10, 2008, 10:09 PM
"I love south park for all the reasons already stated. I agree with equal opportunity haters. There is no group, idea, culture, race, religion, creed, sex, color, political topic, candidate, etc that is safe from them."

Ohhhhhhhh yes there is. The Nation of Islam (Farrakhan's group)

There is an urban myth there is an episode where they make fun of the black muslims that was never shown because the Nation of Islam found out about it before it was released and threatened the creators within an inch of their lives. Parker and Stone aren't stupid. They caved.

Its only a rumor, but its plausible.

politicalgeek
March 10, 2008, 10:29 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Heights/4706/extras/maxim.html

Maxim interview where they mention Nation of Islam

Beagle-zebub
March 10, 2008, 10:43 PM
I tried to pick my favorite episode once, but I just couldn't do it. I kept thinking of another one I liked more.

There is the one where Butters fakes his own death, Giant ****** vs. Turd Sandwich, Scott Tennerman Must Die, the one where Cartman buys the amusement park, Awesome-O 5000, the one making fun of Family Guy, the one where they go on the odyssey through an Oz-like Canada, the one with Rob Reiner and smoking....

Guitargod1985
March 10, 2008, 10:47 PM
I'm with Bobby, it's the best satire on TV. I enjoy watching it just for that.

I disagree. I think it's a decent show, but I honestly enjoy Family Guy far more for its satire and outright disregard for political correctness.

Vermont
March 10, 2008, 10:50 PM
I hate South Park. It is not smart satire. There is no wit. If stating that Bono is a giant crap is wit, then call me Alexander Pope.

Jiggle
March 11, 2008, 03:38 AM
I hate South Park. It is not smart satire. There is no wit. If stating that Bono is a giant crap is wit, then call me Alexander Pope.
No, no. Bono held the RECORD for having the biggest crap. He himself was not the biggest crap. See the wit there? :D

Wopasaurus
March 11, 2008, 05:28 AM
I second the Giant ****** vs. Turd Sandwich episode. So classic.

How amazing was BASEketball by the way???

fspitzdorf
March 11, 2008, 11:47 AM
I broke a couple of ribs on the dog whisperer episode...

Any yes Bono WAS the record... his father had taken the largest crap and nurtured it to become Bono... Hence he always had to be #1 because in reality he WAS #2...

rockinrussky
March 11, 2008, 12:07 PM
The Guitar Queero episode was classic. It was extremely topical but still very clever. Ok, to get back on topic... I'm sure they'll make some kind of a gun themed episode this season with Heller coming up. There, covered my bases.

Justin
March 11, 2008, 12:10 PM
I like South Park.

And yet, this thread isn't really on topic.

That makes me a Sad Panda.

If you enjoyed reading about "Will South Park ever do an epsiode on gun control?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!