FFL license info?

PDA

KeithB
March 10, 2008, 06:11 PM
any FFL holders here that can give advice?

I used to have a gun shop and a FFL license back in the 80s. My shop was a locked room in one corner of my separate garage. I may remove the garage doors and frame in a store front with a door and windows and install a counter this time.

What is the procedure to secure a firearms dealer FFL license these days?

New York is a pain requiring a separate handgun dealers license which i will need to get renewed or reissued.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "FFL license info?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
March 10, 2008, 07:59 PM
If you are in an area zoned residential, you probably won't be able to get a dealer's FFL unless you can wangle an exemption. Since our beloved ex-President Clinton (King Billary I) ordered BATF to eliminate "kitchen table" dealers, they require that an applicant meet all the state and local business requirements before issuing a dealer FFL. Other than that, the rules are about the same.

Jim

KeithB
March 10, 2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks Jim,

I am 4 miles from the nearest village, think my area is zoned the boonies. I have run several businesses from that garage. So i should meet that requirement.

If you enjoyed reading about "FFL license info?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!