Great deal, and need some info...

PDA

AmbulanceDriver
March 10, 2008, 05:28 PM
So I managed to get a smoking deal last week. Over 2000 pcs of .45 ACP brass, mixed headstamps, range pickup, for $60... Still counting it all out and separating out the AMERC brass as well as a few different sized pieces that I don't need for the recycle bin.

Here's what I need help with. I found a couple of pieces of what is clearly Starline brass. A few military headstamps, nothing too difficult to I.D. Except for one.

The headstamp is *I*. Of course, trying to do a search gives all sorts of spurious results since the asterisk is a wildcard. Can anyone tell me what that headstamp is?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Great deal, and need some info..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sparkyguy
March 10, 2008, 05:36 PM
I believe that to be the "Independence" brand. I have some of the 38spl flavor.

45ACPUSER
March 10, 2008, 06:50 PM
the first run of "I" ammo was made by mag tech for CCI. it is now domestically produced so is speer brass.

ninja45
March 10, 2008, 06:58 PM
Load them *I*, they're good brass.

AmbulanceDriver
March 11, 2008, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'm really happy with the brass, just finished putting them all into ziploc bags, 200 cases per bag, and I have (after culling out all the amerc and a couple of crushed cases, as well as some other calibers that got mixed in) 2201 pieces of .45 ACP brass. My new Pro 1000 is now going to be very well fed for quite some time.

Grandpa Shooter
March 12, 2008, 03:37 AM
At a conservative estimate of 300 pcs an hour of fininshed ammo, you only have 7 hours of intense enjoyment ahead of you. What are you going to do with the rest of the month. Even going out and shooting it at the rate of 200 and hour only takes up another 11 hours of the month. Seems to me you better get lucky and score some more brass so you don't run out of things to do.:evil:

AmbulanceDriver
March 12, 2008, 03:59 PM
Sadly, between work and other life stuff (wife and I are starting the process for buying our first home) I haven't been to the range in probably over a month. Keeping the press fed, though, is something I can do more easily since I can run a hundred or two in between errands. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Great deal, and need some info..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!