Help me find some leather

PDA

WheelMan
August 7, 2003, 09:55 PM
Howdy,

I'm looking for a good way to carry my Vaquero (7.5") and single six (5.5") around with me.

After considering a few possibilities I'm thinking a "cowboy style" setip with the Vaquero at strongside (left for me) and the signle six in a cross draw would work pretty well. Would be neat if it had cartridge loops for the .44 too.

I've found several rigs like this but they're very expensive. I'm not interested in anything fancy. Does anybody know of a more "utility" minded setup like this? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me find some leather" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dr.Rob
August 7, 2003, 11:54 PM
Trailrider products.

http://www.gunfighter.com/trailrider/tr_holster.html

I have an 1860's style holster I wear cross-draw and it's held up well for years. The belt is a little thinner than other mfg's but the loops are holding up perfectly.

Dr.Rob
August 8, 2003, 11:24 PM
Oh and Triple K and Hunter Holsters both have a decent line of "Cowboy" leather that is function, but not fancy.

Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's carry both.

ACP230
August 9, 2003, 12:03 AM
Dillon Precision has some cowboy rigs that you might like. Their catalog is The Blue Press and you can go to www.bluepress.com for a look around.

stellarpod
August 9, 2003, 03:01 AM
Call "Big Ed" at San Pedro Saddlery. I use there stuff for cowboy action and it is extremely well built and will really set off your Vaquero and Single-Six. For the record, I carry two 7-1/2" SS Vaqueros in .44 Mag when playing the cowboy game.

http://www.sanpedrosaddlery.com/

stellarpod

WheelMan
August 9, 2003, 03:24 PM
Thanks stellarpod

I just called up San Pedro and ordered me a rig. They were even running a sale this month!

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me find some leather" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!