Steyr S40 Holster problem

PDA

santai
August 7, 2003, 10:57 PM
I recieved my HighNoon Speedy Spanky paddle holster yesterday. It really is a well made holster, but it is too tight for the S40. I've seen posts that said any holster made for the M series will work for the S series. That makes sense since the difference between the two is in slide length and grip length. I've also seen posts that said the poster's S series was tight in their M series holster.
The HighNoon holster was made for the M series but they said the holster would just be a little longer than the slide, which again made sense. Does anyone what is going on here ?

:banghead:

Thanks,

santai

If you enjoyed reading about "Steyr S40 Holster problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Flashpoint
August 8, 2003, 01:25 AM
santai,

If I remember correctly the Speedy Spanky is an open top hoster so they may have made it tight for security reasons. If it's too tight drop your Steyr in a sock and stuff into the holster and leave it there for a while. If you don't think that would solve the problem then Email the guys at High noon and tell them about it. The times I have emailed them they have always been promt and helpfull. If you just don't like it I may be interested in it.:D

ront
August 8, 2003, 02:38 AM
Flashpoint's advice is good. You can also use a plastic bag and wrap the gun in it and shove it into the holster and let it sit. I did this with a Galco holster that I got for my Glock G27. At first it was VERY tight. After I did this, it fit like a glove.

Ron

BrentK
August 8, 2003, 04:32 PM
Have you tried adjusting (loosening) the tension screw? I would try this before trying to stretch the holster. And if you still need to stretch it, do it with the tension 'loose'.

santai
August 8, 2003, 09:06 PM
:(
Thanks for the tips. I'll try the sock trick tonight. Just dissapointed that it didn't fit right out of the "box". I won't do anything too drastic, in case I end up returning it.
I did loosen the tension screw to the point that it was rattling but it was still too tight.
Just can't figure out why the S is "bigger" than the M.

Thanks again,

santai

If you enjoyed reading about "Steyr S40 Holster problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!