Bushnell HOLOSIGHT, or Scope for hunting revolver?

PDA

ROA
March 12, 2008, 02:39 AM
Hi Ya'll, what do you think is better for deer hunting, the Bushnell HOLOsight, or a Scope on my BlackHawk hunting revolver? I hunt in the northeast by the way- I don't know which one is better, anyone have any experience with either?? Thanks in advance guys!

ROA

If you enjoyed reading about "Bushnell HOLOSIGHT, or Scope for hunting revolver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ala Dan
March 12, 2008, 03:36 AM
uum~! I've got a Bushnell HOLO-sight on my AR for quick acquisition of targets; but I don't have one on a handgun~! :scrutiny: ;)

BMW2
March 12, 2008, 03:48 AM
I think it would depend on the terrain you hunt and what kind of distances you take your shots at. Seems the holosight would be a good choice for woods work and short distances and a need for fast acquisition(hogs for example). A good scope would probably be more useful otherwise.

ccd
March 13, 2008, 12:19 AM
If you are interested in the holosight you might also want to give consideration to the small holos (Burris Fastfire, PrideFowler, Doctor) that are now available. The Aimpoint Micros are AWESOME but unfortunately so is the price.

Redhawk1
March 13, 2008, 08:18 AM
I have several hunting handguns and they have different kinds of optics.

My S&W 460 Mag wears a Bushnell 2 X 6 X 32 scope, my BFR in 45-70 wears a 2 X Leupold, my BFR in 500 Mag wears a Ultra-dot Match -dot sight.

I had a Bushnell Holo sight on my Ruger 454 Casull and blew out the image, I don't like the Bushnell Holo sights, if you want a Holo sight look at the EOTech, I have heard very good things about them. I am ordering one for my new 500 Mag Encore barrel.

If you don't want to spend that kind of money, the Ultra-dot is a great red-dot and holds up to my 500 Mag heavy loads.

You said you have a Blackhawk I don't know the caliber, but, from 357 to 44 mag, your shots will most likely be under 100 yards and the red-dot will work well in the distance. The reason I have a large scope on my 460 Mag is, I shoot out to 200 yards and I don't feel the red-dot is suited for long distance shooting.

madcratebuilder
March 13, 2008, 08:28 AM
I have a couple of holo's and a red dot that I have used on hand guns. Great for fast acquisition of targets at close range. The red dot's, dot is so large it covers a lot of your target when you get out past 50 yards. A 2X leupold on my super redhawk has been the best for hunting.

Redhawk1
March 13, 2008, 01:46 PM
madcratebuilder, you need to check out the Ultra Dot Match -dot sights.
The dot goes from 2 moa to 8 moa. So set at 2 moa you only cover 2 inchs at 100 yards. A lot better than them big 10 moa dots on most red-dots.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bushnell HOLOSIGHT, or Scope for hunting revolver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!