FYI for THR staff

PDA

brighamr
March 12, 2008, 11:19 AM
The last two weeks I am getting intermittant DB errors. Usually it happens when I click on a subcategory (aka "General Gun Discussions"). The frustrating thing is, I have to go back to THR home page, wait 2 minutes then try the category again and it will let me in just fine?

Not sure if it's the new forum upgrades or the DB is getting too full or whatever. Thought I'd let you know.

If you enjoyed reading about "FYI for THR staff" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Derek Zeanah
March 12, 2008, 01:28 PM
thanks. I saw 3 messages from yesterday saying "max connections to the server reached" so it is happening. Looks like I need to bump that setting again.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Derek Zeanah
March 12, 2008, 10:27 PM
Just bumped the max connections allowed from THR to 100 from 70, and increased the total number of connections so THR won't lock other folks out. ;)

If it happens again, please let me know. I'm busy enough with other server-related issues (on different servers) that I won't notice it otherwise.

WayneConrad
March 13, 2008, 03:51 PM
Derek, Got a couple of short-lived DB errors this morning.

Derek Zeanah
March 13, 2008, 04:17 PM
ok, I'll bump it again. :)

Car Knocker
March 14, 2008, 12:37 AM
Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.thehighroad.org home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.thehighroad.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

2 minutes ago.

The Wiry Irishman
March 14, 2008, 01:09 AM
For the past three days I've gotten database errors, all plus or minus five minutes from 12:30am. They've all cleared themselves up fairly quickly, taking from about 2 minutes to ten minutes.

Derek Zeanah
March 14, 2008, 07:01 AM
oh. Likely it's related to a nightly cron script.

I'll look into it, but this knowledge has pushed the priority of it down a bit. ;) Working on moving the last mail server to the new datacenter right now -- hopefully the last one...

Derek Zeanah
March 14, 2008, 11:58 AM
And my migration is done.

Done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done.

You heard me, done.

If you can't guess, I'm happy the ordeal is over. Time to get prepped for a wedding, and I'll deal with remaining issues next week. :)

brighamr
March 14, 2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks for working on it Derek!

The Wiry Irishman
March 15, 2008, 01:26 AM
Thanks for working on it Derek!

Second that.

If you enjoyed reading about "FYI for THR staff" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!