Collabsible Stock VS. Top Folding Stock for .30-06

PDA

tazmajazz
March 12, 2008, 05:54 PM
hello! I'm trying to decide on whether to get a collabsible stock or a top-folding stock for a remington 760 .30-06. The Rifle will only be used at the range, no hunting.

I've never owned a rifle with either type of stocks and am curious what yall think the advantages and disadvantages are before I purchase anything.

any info would be helpful, thanks!

taz

If you enjoyed reading about "Collabsible Stock VS. Top Folding Stock for .30-06" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MK11
March 12, 2008, 06:25 PM
I don't think there would any advantage for pure range use, especially with a boomer like the .30-06. Many folders and collapsible stocks aren't that comfortable to shoot and if you don't need to reduce the weapon size, why bother?

tazmajazz
March 12, 2008, 06:51 PM
well mainly I just to reduce the size to make it easier to transport and I like the look of them as well. I'm worried that one or the other may not be too sturdy when extended...

If you enjoyed reading about "Collabsible Stock VS. Top Folding Stock for .30-06" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!