Another Price Increase

PDA

ReloaderFred
March 13, 2008, 05:55 PM
Alliant Technologies (ATK), the parent company of CCI, Speer, RCBS, etc., just sent a letter to all it's distributors that there is going to be an across the board price increase on ammunition and components beginning April 1st. The distributors expect Winchester and Remington to follow suit shortly, due to increasing prices of lead and copper, plus higher transportation costs, due to higher fuel prices.

Fred

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Price Increase" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MinnMooney
March 13, 2008, 06:10 PM
I bought 100pc bags of Rem. or Win. brass (.22-250) at Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's just 8-10 months ago for $20 and tax. It wasn't even on sale!!
Now I see that MidwayUSA has a 'sale' on Win. brass (.22-250) for $37.99 and ya can't get it much cheaper anywhere else! I hate to see what this next round of price increases will bring.

schloe
March 13, 2008, 06:15 PM
They're getting pretty greedy.

Led, copper, diesel, etc. are up slightly over the past year, yet ammunition prices have nearly doubled in the same period. It's getting ridiculous.

You can look at metal spot prices here. "ammo metals" haven't shot up anywhere NEAR as much as ammo prices.

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/copper_historical.html

Roccobro
March 14, 2008, 12:58 AM
Yeah, but somebody here will chime in that we are in a war to counter those pieces or information. Even though that has nothing to do with prices on non-military calibers by non-military mfgrs.

Justin

mscott
March 14, 2008, 06:15 AM
How fitting, April Fools day.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Price Increase" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!