up-tight forum members

PDA

HOLY DIVER
March 13, 2008, 11:44 PM
i noticed allot of forum members are fast to correct someone if they get off topic,hey it happens lol so i figued i'd just ask....HOW ARE MY FELLOW RIFLEMEN DOING?i just got done re-building some old colt 20rd AR mags.
sittin here watchin clinton and obama on cnn (scarry)so feel free to post how your doing,how your buying trading is going....with no fear of getting "off topic"

If you enjoyed reading about "up-tight forum members" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MilsurpShooter
March 13, 2008, 11:56 PM
Yeah I've been noticing a slight shift in tones since I first started coming here but, what can ya do? lol. And Today was a good day, Bought a Surefire 6P defender, 2 boxes of .35 Remington for the new (to me) Marlin 336SC and a box of CCI minimags to test out in my Savage Model 7. The Winchester hollowpoints were jamming instead of feeding properly. Mini-mags still get a little chewed up on feeding but they don't jam the bolt open.

Getting myself ready for a long range trip on Sunday, ALOT of .22 Bringing a friend with me this time so I'm hoping for good weather lol

Titus
March 13, 2008, 11:59 PM
i just got done re-building some old colt 20rd AR mags.

I think you mean clips.

CZguy
March 14, 2008, 12:04 AM
I think you mean clips.

:eek: Don't start that again. :D

rero360
March 14, 2008, 12:09 AM
I'm doing pretty good myself, been a busy day with school work. I have a statistics project due begining of april that I'm try to figure out how to do on guns, thinking I'll do it on group sizes with my 10/22 in regards to different types of ammo. not sure how to do it so I have two quantitative variables as opposed to catigoricaly ones. Asked the prof about it and he seemed excited about it.

mavracer
March 14, 2008, 12:11 AM
watchin clinton and obama on cnn careful last time I watched them I ordered an M1A.which is not all bad just kinda hard on thoe old savings acct.

mavracer
March 14, 2008, 12:16 AM
I think you mean clips. I don't mine if you correct me on the internet. But if we're in a foxhole takin' fire and I ask for a clip you better hand me one or I'll define BUTT STROKE for ya

MiddleAgedKen
March 14, 2008, 12:20 AM
I have a statistics project due begining of april that I'm try to figure out how to do on guns, thinking I'll do it on group sizes with my 10/22 in regards to different types of ammo. not sure how to do it so I have two quantitative variables as opposed to catigoricaly ones.

Interesting, rero369. Ammo type would seem at first to be a categorical variable. However, is there enough of a difference in price per round of the various types you used to make it a quantitative variable, so you could test the "you get what you pay for" issue? (There may be other ways to operationalize it quantitatively, but that one springs immediately to mind.)

I'm seeing ways to deal with potential confounding variables (wind/weather, order effect with respect to brand, etc.). You could shoot on several different sessions with as near to identical weather conditions as possible, using the brands in different orders each time and averaging the groups to wash out barrel heating and/or operator fatigue effects. You could have a lot of fun with this.

Can you tell I'm a doctoral student (in marketing, as it happens)? :p

rero360
March 14, 2008, 12:25 AM
the testing will be done at the indoor range that I'm a member of so wind is a non issue, temp can be kept constant, or I can adjust the ambiant temp in increments to use that as a variable, and then use group sizes at the other variable, to see if ambiant temp has an effect on group size.

birdshot8's
March 14, 2008, 12:28 AM
i just ordered parts from numrich to finish my rebuilding of my remington 550 jamamatic. i have been shooting with a broken extractor for so long, i have almost forgot the thrill of shooting your first gun. thanks to info i got on this site i should soon be on my way to the joy of hot brass falling inside my collar.

Avenger29
March 14, 2008, 12:38 AM
my remington 550 jamamatic

Hey, I've got one of those, too. Jams perfectly. I thought it was a design feature.

rangerruck
March 14, 2008, 12:48 AM
got a carcano recently, sporterized, has an old battlesite front site on it, set at about 300 yds. will have to go to the range, and use a steel file, and file the crap out of that rear site.
Also got a couple of arisakas coming... notice a pattern? I am trying to get the mildest, mild mannered 6.5 mm rifle possible.

Seafarer12
March 14, 2008, 12:56 AM
I am ok, Just waiting to hear back from a couple of job interview, going stir crazy. Also waiting for Wideners to get something in stock.

jpwilly
March 14, 2008, 01:01 AM
Rangerruck if you get a 6.5mm blowgun you might have to put the Carcano away! ;)

000Buckshot, since your asking...doing just fine. This week I used liquid steel to reinforce the recoil lug area on a 91/30 just to see how it works out. I also corked the stock. Reloaded a batch of .303brit and 45ACP.

Been playing with three new rifles, an M1 Garand, 1903 Springfield, and a 98K. Going to shoot them at the range this weekend along with a Lee Enfield and my 1911!

Frightener 88
March 14, 2008, 01:06 AM
With exception to 7 months of unemployment which has caused the sell off of most of my guns, Im fantastic. REALLY wish I could get an effing job though :-)

theCZ
March 14, 2008, 01:09 AM
I thought it would be a fun project to refinish the stock on my favorite 22 rifle. I'm still trying to decide if that was a good idea or not...

So much sanding!

trbon8r
March 14, 2008, 01:15 AM
I'm stocking up on magazines, and have bought a gun or two that was on my "dream list". I'm good to go on AR stuff and M14 parts, but could still use a few more AK mags. What really hurts are the BM 59 mags at 75 bucks each!! Ouch!! :eek:

Hopefully I'll get some more cash coming in soon. I've also been waiting for the right Costa Mesa AR-180 to come along. Unfortunately my ammo stash is thinner than I'd like it to be.

RP88
March 14, 2008, 01:26 AM
balancing whether or not I should bring anything bigger than a .22 into my house at the risk of pissing off my parents. Also balancing whether or not I'll be able to afford it at this time.

CZguy
March 14, 2008, 01:47 AM
balancing whether or not I should bring anything bigger than a .22 into my house at the risk of pissing off my parents. Also balancing whether or not I'll be able to afford it at this time.

You just can't go wrong with a .22. ;)

AZTOY
March 14, 2008, 01:58 AM
I'm sitting around drink beer, think want rifle i should buy for spring black bear in Alaska !:rolleyes:

RP88
March 14, 2008, 02:15 AM
You just can't go wrong with a .22.

my parents dont even know about the .22. I'd wonder how they would react to something in 7.62x39...

The Wiry Irishman
March 14, 2008, 02:21 AM
My first rifle came in this week, a short gas system DSA FAL carbine. Got to take it to the range this past Sunday, now I'm looking at muzzle brakes. I don't really feel a trip to the range is worth it unless I put a couple hundred rounds downrange (I'm busy with school, who knows when I'll get to go again) and that roughs up my shoulder a little.

I zeroed the large apeture of my flip sight at 50 last week, and I'm going again this week to see where the small one shoots at 100 and maybe if I'm good enough, take it to the 225 range. I don't want an optic - my goal is to eventually be able to complete the rifleman's quarter mile with it. There's an Appleseed shoot coming very close by in April - I'll be signing up for that soon.

asknight
March 14, 2008, 03:21 AM
You guys be careful, you all are veering off topic! :cuss::banghead:

:D

rangerruck
March 14, 2008, 03:49 AM
in loading up some mags for my saiga, for a future pig/varmint hunt later this month, i just realized, I am now all out of 762.... what the ...

SVT93
March 14, 2008, 04:28 AM
careful last time I watched them I ordered an M1A.which is not all bad just kinda hard on thoe old savings acct.

Its going to stink if one of them get elected and impliments a one gun a month law...I don't think I could keep up. :p

whiskeytangofoxtrot
March 14, 2008, 05:19 AM
Doin pretty good, just picked up the new Garand and ordered a mid-length Rock River AR. Just working OT to keep a constant supply of ammo coming in. Also I'm finally ramping up my efforts on reloading.

Other than that, mood is changing for the better, the weather is finally starting to get nicer.

IronSightRot671
March 14, 2008, 05:32 AM
Just finished helping my boy with his homework. Checked up on local advertisement firearm related of course;) Getting an order ready in near future with spikes tactical:).

still drooling for stuff I want. But, need to sell something to get something. still drooling for a EBR stock for future M1A:evil:

CZguy
March 14, 2008, 05:46 AM
(any Monty Python fans out there)?

I bought a used Marlin model 60 at a Pawn shop a couple of days ago for $75.00 out the door. I'm having a great time refinishing the stock, cleaning it and giving it a 3 lb. trigger :)

It's kind of funny because I bought it to be a beater, but I just couldn't seem to stop after I took it all apart for cleaning. :D

Titan6
March 14, 2008, 05:52 AM
Nice range yesterday. We walked through a series of CQB targets with transition fire and finished off with a few rounds out of the 240B off the vehicle. Had to drag a tire (sim casaulty) about 25 meters in the middle of it. Good times had by all.

peyton
March 14, 2008, 08:30 AM
I am keeping in touch via Camp Victory where Everyone carries a firearm, hardly any of them have shot it since Kuwait. Remember the French "Dropped only once" well here it is dropped as well and often forgotten in chow halls, latrines and inside vehicles. I was the proud owner of an FN SAW, that was until I gave it to the unit CO.

Dumpster Baby
March 14, 2008, 08:40 AM
I'm stocking up on magazines, and have bought a gun or two that was on my "dream list". I'm good to go on AR stuff and M14 parts, but could still use a few more AK mags. What really hurts are the BM 59 mags at 75 bucks each!! Ouch!!

Yes, I did that three times here. Hurts, don't it? :p

I made the totally ignorant mistake of unknowingly buying a Santa Fe BM-59 at a gun show years ago. I didn't know that it was a poorly made junker on a reweld receiver. So, I order the mags and try to put one in, no go. The previous owner had modified the mag catch to try to fit some other kind of mag. I take it to a gun smith and explain the problem. He nods and says "no problem". He can re-modify the mag catch in his shop. He does, but also files some metal off a mag locking stud for the final fitting. So I have 2 stock mags and one buggered one, and the rifle still isn't right.

I email Reesesurplus.com asking about parts for this thing and get totally ignored - anyone ignorant enough to buy a Santa Fe is not worthy enough to talk to. :D:D:D

It sucks being a dumazz. :neener::neener::neener:

rero360
March 14, 2008, 08:43 AM
I know what you're saying peyton, I used to get dirty comments all the time at PX and chow hall whenever we would go to BIAP for stuff, all because I had a horizontal shoulder holster, I had these two female SPCs ask me to stop pointing my pistol at them in the check out line of the PX, gave them a bit of an ass chewing right there in line for their ignorance and stupidity.

Titan6
March 14, 2008, 10:43 AM
Peyton you need to talk to whoever you work for. Ammo is the easiest thing in the world to get over here. We have a range every other week, wether we need it or not.

Hokkmike
March 14, 2008, 10:54 AM
I'm doing good, thanks. Currently I am looking to buy a new carbine lever action rifle so I am busy investigating brand, calibers, features, prices, etc. I enjoy this a lot. I am debating with myself as to whether to buy my first and only .22 or get a deer caliber. I already have Pennsylvania's BEST deer caliber.

takhtakaal
March 14, 2008, 11:00 AM
i just got done re-building some old colt 20rd AR mags.

I think you mean clips.

http://static.crooksandliars.com/2008/03/wrong-on-the-internets.png

Dobe
March 14, 2008, 11:04 AM
You guys are great. I enjoy spending time here.
Just picked up another AR. And my dog is doing fine.

SlamFire1
March 14, 2008, 11:06 AM
It's raining outside and Tomorrow's rifle match may get scrubbed. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/SlamFire/ReducedSunsetAlabama15AprilDSCN2053.jpg

MassMark
March 14, 2008, 11:09 AM
Nice thread - I'm anxiously trying to put an AR-15 build together, finish building and paying for my Troy MCS project and looking toward Spring ATV season. I just got 10 USGI 30-round clips, er mags, er bullet-holder-thingys and am thankful it's Friday....How are you?

strangelittleman
March 14, 2008, 12:08 PM
I just finished putting New taller front sights on my A-4 & M-4, as I have the ARMS#40 on the uppers and I needed the taller ones.
I also just e-mailed some links to my 17yr old son for his junior term paper, his subject? " The life and works of John Moses Browning." HA HA, Yeah, I know, he's a good kid!

General Geoff
March 14, 2008, 12:14 PM
Cleaning up shop at my store (computer repair shop), have a couple dozen hard drives that need to be destroyed so that data is irretrievable. I think some Czech 7.62x54R or Lithuanian 7.62x51mm should do the job.

Nothing is more satisfying than writing off your ammunition as a business expense. :)

bearmgc
March 14, 2008, 12:21 PM
Woke up late, musta needed the sleep. Planning to go to Dubois to fish, but its clouding up. Oh heck, the coffee and mushroom burgers are really good up there. Bye gotta go. Oh, and the Privi Partisans came in yesterday. Better take my Swede mauser along and sight in that leupold I put on it.

mike6161
March 14, 2008, 12:39 PM
Doin pretty good just got a lee hand press and 600 rounds of 357 and 38
i going to get a 1911 this summer been looking around for one under 500
going to the range to use some of the ammo

rockinrussky
March 14, 2008, 01:29 PM
I'm on spring break this week so I spent some leizure time reloading .308 for my FAL. I'm going to try out some Speer 150 FMJ BT. We'll see how that goes.

Also, I've been using a bushnell holo sight on my WASR AK with some decent results at 50 yds. With it the rifle is not amazing but definitely good enough for a 2 inch grouping.

MilsurpShooter
March 14, 2008, 01:35 PM
County run range that used to be open on weekends only is now open 10:00-3:00 Thursday and Friday (I work 7:00-3:00 :( ) Talked to the boss, gonna see if he'll let me out at 1:00.

Seafarer12
March 14, 2008, 01:40 PM
With exception to 7 months of unemployment which has caused the sell off of most of my guns, Im fantastic. REALLY wish I could get an effing job though :-)

I feel you, I am on about 3 months. I supposedly had a job about a month ago but their HR didn't like a prank I did 15 years ago so they revoked my offer. I hope we can both get something worked out by the end of the month.

Grizzly Adams
March 14, 2008, 01:41 PM
I'm doing fine. Just finished moving the rest of my reloading equipment from the garage to the shop. Go the old Martin out and re-strung it and got it tuned good. My new bitch (dog) is in heat and my wife is driving me crazy.

Cosmoline
March 14, 2008, 02:03 PM
Neat thread. I just finished what I hope will be the last round of fixes on a very troublesome Puma '92. I've made it into a camping rifle/home defense gun since it was clearly not going to work out in its orginal configuration. Unless I wanted to send the mag tube downrange with every ten rounds.

I also picked up some of the brand new Barnes T-Shock bullets in .311" diameter. I'm going to load some up tonight and try them this weekend in the Mosins.

Breakup is slowly coming, which makes doing anything outside a slippery matter. The winter's snow will start to melt, then freeze up. Then it will snow again, etc. That's springtime in Alaska for you. I'm planning a week long bicycle camping trip into the Chugach for May. Should be a hoot, but I've never done it without car support before.

RobertFBurnett
March 14, 2008, 02:11 PM
Lets see, i'm on vacation in Hawaii, i'm getting ready to walk over to Wal-Mart and see if they sell ammo, not gonna buy any just curious about the price differences.

Oh and in 4 hours i'm going to see 9 really nice rifles attached to the USS Missouri!!! :neener: Do 16"ers have good "knock down" power? :evil:

Keep the mainland runnin for me,

RFB

HOLY DIVER
March 14, 2008, 09:08 PM
thread is interesting huh?tonight i'm watching friends,cleaning my glock26

wcwhitey
March 14, 2008, 09:26 PM
Life is good bro, nice topic. I am on the hunt for good ammo deals, reloading component prices are out of control, almost not worth it in some categories. Have been watching everyone scurry about, the political undercurrent has made gun sales soar. The economy is taking a big dive. Somehow I get the feeling I have gone through this before.

Frightener 88
March 14, 2008, 09:39 PM
Well, I got the best wake up call I could have recieved today...Job offer, and I start monday...now I can save up for some EBRs

Grandpa Shooter
March 14, 2008, 11:28 PM
Been working all week to convert my buddy's place to handicapped accessible for his parents.. His dad flew the second bomber over Hiroshima/Nagasaki back in WWII. Great guy! 87 and still kicking.
Be glad to get back home and go shooting with the GF. Cities suck!

Spyvie
March 14, 2008, 11:46 PM
This is a great thread, I should have clicked on it earlier.

Hope everyone is doing great, healthy and happy and all that. Me, I'm doing pretty darn good. I got hit in the butt by a buss a couple of years ago... been busy the past few months spending some of the settlement money on stuff I've always wanted... like the new Mini 14 I just brought home yesterday, or the new Nikon scope I bought for it today.

bensdad
March 15, 2008, 12:32 AM
Life is great. I got a Saiga 7.62x39 last Sat. Shot it on Sun. I'm thinking about doing the conversion. I'm a little nervous about it though.

I've been reloading the crap out of 9mm and .45acp. Did a few .223, but I need a trimmer before I can do any more. Been saving brass in all my calibers, but .223 is the only rifle cal. that makes sense for me to reload at this point.

Double Naught Spy
March 15, 2008, 08:55 AM
So I did this little experiment to see if I could lengthen the life of my MGM target stands. The steel targets are bolted onto the 1" square tubing usng carriage bolts, nuts, and washers, but after a lot of impacts, the washers tend to dig into the tubing because their diameter is less than the tubing width. The tubing is essentially collapsing under the washer. So I have gone with oversized washers that extend beyond the edges of the tubing and the 'digging in' has apparently stopped or slowed greatly as the area of support has increased.

Then I cut my finger on a jagged edge and had to get a bandaid. That is when my wife called.

SnakeEater
March 15, 2008, 11:24 AM
sittin here watchin clinton and obama on cnn (scarry)
You forgot to add "Insane" McCain to the scary list. We are in deep trouble no matter how things shake out in November. In response I've bought a Noveske AR-15, 5.45 AK, Glock 21, and HK45. 5K more rounds of 5.45, a huge order of reloading supplies for 5.56, and a boatload of magazines for all of the new toys.

I'm 90 days into my first job as a mechanical engineer, which is great. I'm continuing my education 3 evenings per week as well. All in all life is good, but I can't help looking over my shoulder for the incoming train of pain about to hit all of us. Most people out there have no idea what is coming, aside from a little griping about gas prices, they're clueless.

IF YOU ARE LACKING IN GUNS, AMMO, FOOD, WATER, MEDICINE; I ADVISE YOU TO GET IT NOW!:eek:

dagger dog
March 15, 2008, 11:40 AM
Does anybody know how to install the secondary choke diaphram on a 32MM Weber carb?

Haw! Haw!

CZguy
March 15, 2008, 02:03 PM
Does anybody know how to install the secondary choke diaphram on a 32MM Weber carb?

You mean that you're not able to force it in with a hammer?

CZguy
March 15, 2008, 02:08 PM
I just realized that this thread doesn't have enough photos in it.

Here is one of a CZ 452 Lux that I put a Lyman peep sight on.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/badgerone/CZpeepsight.jpg

RobertFBurnett
March 15, 2008, 03:22 PM
^ How are peep sights to shoot? I am getting a Marlin 336 and the peep has been suggested.

RFB

rbernie
March 15, 2008, 03:30 PM
HOW ARE MY FELLOW RIFLEMEN DOING?Spent the morning setting up a couple of Jard AR15 triggers; one for a 223 20" lightweight/walkabout hunter and one for a 20" 6.8SPC set up for prone work. I have a bunch of the Jards by now, and think highly of them. The kids are busy playing outside in the sunshine, and I have the dining room table to myself. :)

I'm debating putting a used Savage 110F in 243 on layaway at my FLGS. It's clean, the trigger is actually pretty decent, and I've been looking for a Savage LA upon which to have my way with caliber changes and such. They want $250, which is not much less than I can get a Stevens 200 for, but it's tempting nevertheless. Maybe I'll call them in a bit and see if they'll put is aside for me. They close at 5PM; I probably can't get over there before then.

How are peep sights to shoot? I am getting a Marlin 336 and the peep has been suggested

Peep rear sights are faster to align than notch rear sights, and for most uses are considered superior.

CZguy
March 15, 2008, 03:47 PM
Quote:
How are peep sights to shoot? I am getting a Marlin 336 and the peep has been suggested

Peep rear sights are faster to align than notch rear sights, and for most uses are considered superior.

They also allow those of us with old eyes to still use iron sights. ;)

BigGunsMoreFun
March 15, 2008, 03:47 PM
I'm sitting here on my big ass doing what I like to do best next to shooting. I'm watching the Outdoor channel, reading The High Road forums and having a nice little afternoon snack.

I'm looking forward to catching up on my reading this afternoon and evening. I'm a month behind on my "must read" gun magazines and NRA publications.

I really like this High Road site. For the most part, it's been great reading and posting with like minded people concerning all things firearm related.

When someone goes to nitpicking about being off topic or some such other foolishness, I just take it in stride. Some folks have nothing better to do than scrutinize others. It's the way they are. You're not going to change them. Arguing with them is like arguing with a tree.

Folks like that make me think of the condo commandos we have down here in Florida. They are generally retired folk with nothing better to do and no life to speak of so they take great pleasure in trying to run your life.

I say fine. Let them have their fun. It doesn't hurt me and if it gives an old fart a charge to admonish me about some slight bending of the almighty rules, more power to them. I hope they enjoy it as much as I enjoy chuckling at them for being so serious about things.

Y'all have a nice day.

Molon Labe,
Joe
:D

QUICK_DRAW_McGRAW
March 15, 2008, 03:55 PM
not too bad, watching all my gun shows on my tivo waiting to go pick up my LNIB norco SKS in a few hours. then to the range to see how she shoots.

meef
March 15, 2008, 03:58 PM
i noticed allot of forum members are fast to correct someone if they get off topicGetting myself ready for a long range trip on Sunday, ALOT of .22 Bringing a friend with me this time so I'm hoping for good weather lol::sigh::

:cool:

ZeSpectre
March 15, 2008, 04:00 PM
Putting the finishing touches on my offer for a new house (my first). I was really excited because the stairwell to this house has an unused space under it that exactly fits my gun safe. I think if I swing it right I can bolt it to the concrete floor and put a sliding panel on the stairs and keep it moderately hidden :)

Titan6
March 15, 2008, 04:05 PM
Putting the finishing touches on my offer for a new house (my first). I was really excited because the stairwell to this house has an unused space under it that exactly fits my gun safe. I think if I swing it right I can bolt it to the concrete floor and put a sliding panel on the stairs and keep it moderately hidden

You could have but now we all know about it :D! Seriously, good luck with the house, seems a great time to buy.

alsaqr
March 15, 2008, 04:10 PM
THR is a really good site.

Got to go out of state on business for a couple of weeks beginning Monday.

My new left hand CZ 527 American in .223 will languish a little longer until I can get some rounds loaded up for it. Fired it the other day with TW 67 military ball and the three shot groups were all less than .75" at 100 yards.

ZeSpectre
March 15, 2008, 04:12 PM
Titan,
It'll never really be hidden, it's obvious there's a door under the stairs but I do take your point <grin>.

Slugless
March 15, 2008, 04:28 PM
Went to the range this morning after a hiatus of a couple months. Beautiful weather, not too many yay-hoos for a Saturday.

I had a terrible time with my "pawnshop project" Marlin 60. I fired a total of 2 rounds through it. :cuss:

I had a bad time with my 39 Mountie shooting the Rimfire match. A loose hammer screw, I'm pretty sure, but maybe the one in my head.

I had a great time with my Nylon 66. When I got it, it jammed a lot & didn't shoot all that well. The jamming was pretty easily solved - clean & lube. I had a hunch about the accuracy problem, adjusted the front pressure point and - get this - I turned in one group that's as good as any iron sight shooting I've done with a Marlin 60, 39A or a 572. Almost as good as my CZ 452. I need more trigger time with it but the rifle is way more accurate than when I got it.

Not a bad day after all!

HOLY DIVER
March 15, 2008, 06:49 PM
well i've been sittin here going stir crazy,big storm is coming through here,i wanted to get out and shoot my AR i just my new upper put together a few days ago now i'm going crazy wanting to get out and shoot it!lol might field strip it for the 5th time and make sure that everything thats needs to be lubed is lubed lol!

CZguy
March 15, 2008, 06:54 PM
I had a terrible time with my "pawnshop project" Marlin 60. I fired a total of 2 rounds through it.

Please keep us up to date on the on this project. I'm in the middle of the same thing. I got mine for $75.00 out the door, and have enjoyed working on it. But I'll reserve judgment, until I see how it shoots.

kBob
March 15, 2008, 07:10 PM
Went to my first club shoot since the knee surgery and it as a "Tactical" match.

AR15s, AR-180, a few M-1 carbines and a Garand. Shooot and move but with a time limit that allowed us cripples to hobble allong.

I shot second ....... to last.

But I had great fun with an Inland M-1 Carbine and some LC 72 ammo.

I also got asked if I posted on THC as kBob and admitted it. Small world.

Looking forward to my next club shoot which I believe to be a three possition "sporter" .22 RF course.

Got to look at one of the Walther (S&W) P22 pistols today as well....not a rifle so their I also posted off topic.

-Bob Hollingsworth

Zach S
March 15, 2008, 07:18 PM
Going OT does happen, I'm guilty of that myself. I honestly dont see a big problem with it as long as the subject in the original post is still adressed.

So, staying on topic, while I dont consider myself a rifleman, I'm doing pretty good, thanks for asking. I was working between 55 and 60 hours a week, but now I'm down to 40. While I'm sure I'll miss that money, I now have time to be a dad and a husband, do work around the house, work on my project car, and relax, instead of having to pick two.

I don't do a whole lot of trading, mainly spending lately. My rimfire 1911 is completed and has had plenty of lead down the tube, I got my Ciener for the AR15 this week and I'm waiting on my BDM 27 round mags.

I'm going to order some more parts from CDNN in the next few days. A couple of CProducts 9mm AR mags, a UTG front grip, an A2 rail for my 5.56 AR, and the armorer's wrench I've been meaning to get for years (tired of borrowing one).

I was going to get some work done on the project car today, but I overslept, then had to go to my in-laws to pick up my daughter (9 months), and its been raining, so I'm just sitting around doing a whole lot of nothing.

The Wiry Irishman
March 15, 2008, 07:40 PM
I also got asked if I posted on THC as kBob and admitted it. Small world.

Is that a typo for THR, an acronym for another forum I'm not familiar with, or an admission that you like to talk about guns on the internet while high?

no_problem
March 15, 2008, 08:44 PM
<<HOW ARE MY FELLOW RIFLEMEN DOING?i just got done re-building some old colt 20rd AR mags.
sittin here watchin clinton and obama on cnn >>

How are they doing, Clinton and Obama? I don't own a TV so I can't see CNN

Bazooka Joe71
March 15, 2008, 09:48 PM
HOW ARE MY FELLOW RIFLEMEN DOING

I just got my first ACOG and I am happier than a puppy with 2 you-know-whats!:D

I am literally itching to get out to the range tomorrow to test it out...I know it is going to make shooting my AR 15 10x more fun.

Oh, and I also got some Port 7.62x51 in the mail as well as a PSG grip for my AR10...Life ain't too bad for this rifleman!!!:):D;)

lionking
March 16, 2008, 12:09 AM
Life is good,ever since I sold my house and left South Florida last year.I have acumulated a few nice rifles since,a couple more nice guitars.I'm around family and life long friends more often again.My new area is better for music and overall quality.

Took a road trip across America last June and July,a great experience.Got a new decent job in my area.Don't know whats gonna play out with the economy this year but I have little responsibilty now so it's cool,I hope.........

Tommorrow I might go to the range and do" carbine" day

Just need a band now,have ad for guitar player looking for band.Been making some video lately to add to it so people can see right away what I'm about and they like or not.I am looking to have fun in a cover band for now on weekends.Here are a couple..........

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa45/lionking_rocks/jam%20alongs/th_lkjamswildcherry12008_03_13_21_38_2.jpg (http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa45/lionking_rocks/jam%20alongs/?action=view&current=lkjamswildcherry12008_03_13_21_38_2.flv)
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa45/lionking_rocks/jam%20alongs/th_lkjamsframpton12008_03_15_20_35_20.jpg (http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa45/lionking_rocks/jam%20alongs/?action=view&current=lkjamsframpton12008_03_15_20_35_20.flv)
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa45/lionking_rocks/jam%20alongs/th_lkjamsCreed2008_03_06_22_38_24.jpg (http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa45/lionking_rocks/jam%20alongs/?action=view&current=lkjamsCreed2008_03_06_22_38_24.flv)
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa45/lionking_rocks/jam%20alongs/th_lkdoesLKravitz2008_03_06_22_28_03.jpg (http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa45/lionking_rocks/jam%20alongs/?action=view&current=lkdoesLKravitz2008_03_06_22_28_03.flv)

Elm Creek Smith
March 16, 2008, 02:33 AM
Thunderstorms Friday night soaked the range so I couldn't get out to put up targets. I picked up a box of Barnaul 7.62x54R 203-grain(!) SP boat tail ammunition I'm itching to test out of my 1941 Mosin Nagant M1938.

Other than that, things are good. I've got my concealed handgun license, some decent handguns to tote, and my bride of 34 years.

ECS

senorlinc
March 16, 2008, 09:49 AM
life is good. off to the mountains tonight to ski for 2 weeks and relax...picked up a few thousand rds of 5.45 yesterday as well as a bunch of mags...now all i need is a ak 74 !! working on that today as well as shopping for a new plastic .45 (likely m&p or -eek a HK45) then takin the sister to the range..will shoot the 1911 and ak

Lon371
March 16, 2008, 10:32 AM
000buckshot, You may have a start for the longest running post.
By the way I am doing fine, thanks for asking.
Waiting for the neighbors to wake up. I am going out back, to fire my newest acquistion. Mosin,plastic stock. Gave $20.00 and some elbow grease for it. WooHoo

springmom
March 16, 2008, 10:51 AM
Doing pretty well, thanks.

Now that we have bought some land of our own, I'm shopping for steel targets to put up. And looking forward to being able to practice sitting, kneeling, behind cover, and prone (our local range is a "stand up straight" kind of place only). Still trying to figure out a solution to my 10/22 scope mount problem (bought the thing from a gun show and didn't notice that the scope mount was put on badly...shot the rifle with a scope and the mount came off :banghead:)

And wishing I hadn't missed out on the good .30 carbines CMP had in January (but we were busy buying the ranch, so I can't actually complain too much)

Springmom

dirtyjim
March 16, 2008, 10:55 AM
i've been busy this week irritating the purists by cutting up those collectible mauser rifles.
actually i only cut up the ones that were already bubbafied and i know its not cost effective but i enjoy doing it anyway

birdshot8's
March 21, 2008, 08:04 PM
i installed the extractor in my 550. took it out for test fire, stove piping about ever third round. gave it a liberal coating of rem oil and i have got runs of up to 11 rounds without a jam. the average is closer to 6 rounds before jams, but that is five better than it was. the parts i ordered had to be modified so i may be the reason it is not running like new. i am going to experment with a few different ammo types now.

transformerguru
March 21, 2008, 08:28 PM
Doing good out in Oregon land... need to do some spring cleaning though, .30 Carbine needs the rod ran though. Also, need to oil the stock of my Garand.

mossberg
March 21, 2008, 09:36 PM
Up tight members huh?

Did you mean scary?:):neener:

tallpaul
March 21, 2008, 10:07 PM
I don't mine if you correct me on the internet. But if we're in a foxhole takin' fire and I ask for a clip you better hand me one or I'll define BUTT STROKE for ya

Its a good thing the army is don't ask don't tell- for your sake anyhow....

I have been contemplating thinning the heard to the used and use full... trouble is they all seem to be but a very few :( checkin inventories and seeing what is needed/wanted for what I have now.

bps3040
March 21, 2008, 10:16 PM
I am doing great.Relative newbie here. I am thinking of building my 1st AR. Thinking of a LMT upper and lower....... lol, but scared to pull the trigger..never tried it before..

CZguy
March 21, 2008, 10:16 PM

Heck, just watching CNN is scary.

Try FOX, CNN is anti-military.

I don't mine if you correct me on the internet. But if we're in a foxhole takin' fire and I ask for a clip you better hand me one or I'll define BUTT STROKE for ya

The main thing to remember about foxholes is not to s**t in one. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "up-tight forum members" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!