is the remington 700 VSF...

PDA

papajack
March 14, 2008, 04:22 PM
the basis of the m40 and m24 sniper rifles?

If you enjoyed reading about "is the remington 700 VSF..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dagger dog
March 14, 2008, 04:55 PM
Think the 40X bench target gun is.

YodaVader
March 14, 2008, 05:49 PM
Per Remington's LE website:

"Designed for and used by the United States Military, the M24's popularity also stretches from SWAT teams nationwide to International Military and Government agencies. Based on Remington's legendary Model 700™ and 40-X™ rifles, famous for their "out of the box" accuracy, the M24 has quickly gained a reputation for precision among the sniper system community."

Also:

"In 1959, Remington redefined the way the world viewed precision accuracy with the introduction of the Model 40-XB Rangemaster bolt-action target rifle. Serving as the basic action design from which today's legendary Remington Model 700 Bolt-Action rifle was born, the Model 40-X has always been there when pinpoint accuracy matters most."

Regolith
March 14, 2008, 07:24 PM
IIRC, the M40 was based on the short action version of the 700 40-x, while the M24 was based on the long action version.

JNewell
March 14, 2008, 07:59 PM
Edit: sorry, I meant to refer to the XCR Compact when I wrote: "The VSF (if I've got the label correct) looks a lot like a 700P LTR with a different (but not much) stock."

The VSF looks interesting...but do you really want that brake?

If you enjoyed reading about "is the remington 700 VSF..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!