problems after latest upgrade by THR!!!!

PDA

electrode1998
March 15, 2008, 10:07 AM
Ever since ya'll upgraded the system my search and quick links do not work at all. I cannot open them up. If I click on them the letters turn red and nothing happens. This makes using THR useless since my links to my favorite forums are on the quick links. I am not a very savy computer person, but I can work out most problems with some direction.

I have been unable to read or access these sections for about 2 weeks I think. Right after the upgrade took place.

Electrode 1998

If you enjoyed reading about "problems after latest upgrade by THR!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
March 15, 2008, 10:20 AM
Are you talking about our "Quick Links", the one in the green bar menu near the top of the page, or something you have on your browser like Favorites?

Our Quick Links are working like always as far as I can tell. If your favorites aren't working, I have no idea why unless you have them hard coded to the numerical URL form (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn). If you haven't done that, the standard textual URL should reach THR no matter where it moved to on the WWW (after a brief period to allow the various domain name servers to catch up.)

electrode1998
March 20, 2008, 08:07 PM
Hey Mal.,
Yes it is the one on the green bar. Everything was working fine awhile back and then all of the sudden after the upgrade the Quick Links and Search next to it do not work. They turn red when I click on them, but they do not do anything. The windows under them that used to open do not appear?

Also when I log in I do not get redirected automatically, I have to hit the underlined phrase to get connected to THR.

I am lost on the second part of your answer. That is beyond my knowledge on computers.

E'trode

Derek Zeanah
March 20, 2008, 10:16 PM
The second part of his answer is this:

THR used to use 209.51.144.72 as its IP address, and this address has changed. If you were connecting to THR via its IP address (if, for instance, you edited your c:\windows\system32\etc\hosts file so that THR was pointed to that address) then that will no longer work.

If you enjoyed reading about "problems after latest upgrade by THR!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!