what do i do now

PDA

mio
March 15, 2008, 03:53 PM
two weeks ago i bought a wasr at dunhams. when i bought it the paper tag said it was 5.45x39 however clearly stamped on the reciever is 5.56x45
thinking that the reciever would have the right caliber on it i bought 3 boxes of wolf .223 55gr fmj

today a couple friends and i went out to the powerline for a little target practice and i took the wasr. of the two mags that came with it one held 10 rounds and the other held 5 for some reason. best part is that when i snapped one in and pulled the slide back releasing it to load a round it jammed.

the three of us looked it over and all agreed that the problem is in the case, its too big, meaning the gun is stamped with the wrong caliber on it. i havent looked yet but i doubt i still have the reciept for it.

any ideas?

If you enjoyed reading about "what do i do now" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bvchurch
March 15, 2008, 04:02 PM
Well this type of mis-stamping has been seen before on several firearms, specifically those imported by Century Arms. Now there is a WASR 3 which is 223 and it is possible that this was supposed to be a 223 rifle..but I would call the importer, most likely century, and have a talk with their representatives if you can not get Dunhams to return the rifle or if you decide to keep it...

Hope this helps,

BV

mio
March 15, 2008, 04:08 PM
calling century is certianly on my list because i dont want the rifle. locally i cant find either 7.62x39 or 5.45x39
i really dont want to drive an hour back to dunhams just to find they wont take it. i was thinking of calling. anybody know how long they would keep the sales record? since i had to sign the paperwork for a background check it should be in thier records that i purchased it also the serial # was written down on that paperwork somewhere.

valtr0n
March 15, 2008, 07:19 PM
They didn't give you a copy of the receipt, including the serial number?

NG VI
March 15, 2008, 07:57 PM
internet 5.45mm is really cheap right now I think.

rogdigity
March 15, 2008, 11:01 PM
internet 5.45mm is really cheap right now I think.

ya i agree. hell even i have about 20 boxes of 5.45 laying around that i cant even use. this stuff is everywhere and i cant even get rid of mine. i live in CA so i cant even buy a rifle to shoot it

rogdigity
March 15, 2008, 11:04 PM
also, is it possible that the importer brought it in mixed with a bunch of WASR-3s and didnt catch it? ive heard of this happening with a few different guns really. even as far as people finding different country rifles in the same box

If you enjoyed reading about "what do i do now" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!