This ever happen to you?

PDA

Cosmoline
March 15, 2008, 05:33 PM
I was doing an inventory of my reloading backstock and discovered a large ammo box filled with FIVE HUNDRED rounds of primed and cleaned .30-30. I have NO MEMORY of doing this :what: Yet it was clearly my work as I recognize the tooling marks. Also--I DO NOT OWN A .30-30! I haven't had one for a year and a half.

The solution is of course clear. With this much primed brass I have to buy a .30-30 again :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "This ever happen to you?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rollis R. Karvellis
March 15, 2008, 05:37 PM
Thats why i bought a new Glock 17.

highlander 5
March 15, 2008, 08:19 PM
I found a large cache of Nosler 250 packs of 200 and 240 gr 44s 6 or 8 boxes as I recall had an 1/8' layer of dust on them.

ADKWOODSMAN
March 15, 2008, 08:32 PM
A short time ago I found 3 boxes of 150 gr Remington SP .358.

Tried a few in the .357 Herrett, years ago, and they went flat when fired in the sand bank. Never loaded them because of that.

Starter52
March 15, 2008, 08:39 PM
Last fall I opened up a paper bag that I keep with my blackpowder supplies. I found 2000 small pistol primers that I don't remember buying.

Price on the boxes? $16.50 per thousand. :evil:

evan price
March 16, 2008, 01:46 AM
I was migrating some stuff from one area to another a couple weeks ago and found a Wal*Mart bag I'd set aside last spring that had a couple quarts of ND30 mower oil, some string trimmer line, a package of mirror clips, and two bricks of Federal 550-pack .22LRs. Receipt said I paid $9.88 each for them. Oh, the memories... how cheap that is today, wish I had bought a truckload.

Jacka L Ope
March 16, 2008, 01:53 AM
Was just doing some "spring cleaning" and finally made it up to the attic. In the back corner, behind a pile of "stuff" and under an old camp canopy, I found one five gallon bucket full of once-fired milsurp 7.62MM NATO cases, one five gallon bucket full of once-fired milsurp .45 ACP cases, and two 1 1/4 gallon buckets for Viatarich fudge sundae ice cream full of .357 cases.

Talk about sweet timing! :p

highorder
March 16, 2008, 02:37 AM
I found my pocket knife under my keyboard at work? Hadn't seen it in weeks.

Dumpster Baby
March 16, 2008, 03:08 AM
Like Richard Dreyfuss said in Jaws, "I got that beat....I got that beat". While moving stuff around I found 5,000 FN 7.62 147 gr FMJBT bullets I forgot about.

:what:

sublimaze41
March 16, 2008, 03:14 AM
I found 50 rounds of PREPRIMED Lake City .223 brass I had stashed in a Frankford hard case. That was a nice surprise.

ZeSpectre
March 16, 2008, 04:12 AM
No, but I did save a bunch of money by switching to Gei..... oh, wrong thread <grin>.

I recently found 3 boxes of Hornady XTP .380 ammo that I don't remember buying, does that count?

paperpuncher49
March 16, 2008, 07:54 AM
Interestingly enough, I occassionally find a gun in the back of my safe that I have had for many years but forgot I had it. Strangely enough, most of them look new. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

redneck2
March 16, 2008, 08:00 AM
I have a gun dealer friend that has a LOT of guns. He was talking about a 22-250 that he'd just bought. All excited. Been looking for this particular one for years.

Next time I go to the shop, I ask him how the new gun shoots. He starts smiling and said "when I took it home to put it away, I found one just like it that I'd bought a few years ago and forgot about"

The great new find was on the rack for sale.

I have to look thru my reloading crap from time to time to take inventory of what I have.

Great thing about Alzheimers.....you get new stuff every day and never have to buy anything

MMCSRET
March 16, 2008, 08:30 AM
I'm still in possession of 23 Federal 550 rd. 22 long rifle packs marked $8.96 from WM. Not sure how many cases I bought that summer.

swiss7.5
March 16, 2008, 08:46 AM
In a load of reloading stuff I purchased cheap I got a set of 280 Rem Dies. SO... I order a barrel for the T/C:neener:

Today im going to get powder, brass and other goodies.....:banghead:

Encoreman
March 16, 2008, 08:52 AM
Hey Cos, That is why you now need to buy a 30-30 everyone needs a Red Ryder, or since I have one you could give me the old brass you have!

scrat
March 16, 2008, 12:41 PM
RED RYDER i thought that was a BB gun.

ok if you say so.

Date your reloads. i always put a sticker on the box with all the load data along with the date i made them. Now 500 rounds. Well you can always send them my way. I will put them to good use.

MilsurpShooter
March 16, 2008, 09:42 PM
Found a 50 count bag of Winchester .45-70 brass at the bottom of my ammo box. I had bought two when I started reloading, set the other aside and guess it just got buried lol

mswestfall
March 16, 2008, 10:39 PM
I'm still looking for my Leatherman tool that I lost about 8 years ago. Anyone found that?

MilsurpShooter
March 16, 2008, 11:04 PM
Ever gone through an intersection 32 miles North of NYC? Found one there lol

SpamHandler
March 17, 2008, 12:38 AM
I recently found 450 cases of cleaned and sized 30-06 in a .50 cal can that I thought was empty. Score!

MMCSRET
March 17, 2008, 09:18 AM
This line of thought got my curiosity up so I started pulling stuff out. I found 2 boxes of brand new Winchester 303 Savage brass in the old bright yellow boxes from the early 60's, Thanks for sparking my memory,sometimes it takes a boot to get it going.

Grizzly Adams
March 18, 2008, 12:35 PM
And I thought I had used all the excuses, but that's a new one on me! But then I don't have any brass to load up that I don't have a gun for.

I guess I'll just have to get some from my hunting partner!:evil:

armoredman
March 18, 2008, 12:39 PM
Gee, I wish I could find stuff like this! :)

Cosmoline
March 18, 2008, 12:42 PM
Great stories. I've also found pairs of boots I had forgotten about, and once I found a Ruger Single Six in a plastic tote in the middle of the woods. I had bought it years before, stowed it and then moved out to the sticks. It ended up in bulk outside storage for two winters, but thought it had nothing but a gun sock on it there was not a spec of rust. It was a rare early model to boot, though it looked like someone had used the frame to hammer nails.

layusn1
March 19, 2008, 02:35 AM
I have never had enough reloading stuff to forget about any of it. Wouldn't mind finding a bunch of 7mm Mauser brass I forgot about, or 9mm Mak dies and brass, or...nevermind, this list could go on forever...lol.

AirplaneDoc
March 19, 2008, 03:19 AM
I have found lots of guns around the house that I "forgot" I had. At least that is what my wife thinks when a new one appears out of no where.

THe Dove
March 19, 2008, 09:10 AM
No ---- But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night and found a Playboy magazine in the closet. It's the December 1995 edition with Farrah Fawcett!!! And no, I ain't tradin'!!!!

The Dove

GSPKurt
March 22, 2008, 10:57 PM
Interestingly enough, I occassionally find a gun in the back of my safe that I have had for many years but forgot I had it. Strangely enough, most of them look new. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

paperpuncher-
Now THAT'S funny!! I gotta remember that one.

If you enjoyed reading about "This ever happen to you?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!