Any Known Issues W/ Ruger PC-4 ?

PDA

Treo
March 15, 2008, 06:08 PM
The asking price is 425.00 NIB should I get it?

This would be for HD & plinking

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Known Issues W/ Ruger PC-4 ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Number 6
March 15, 2008, 06:35 PM
They are heavy, the trigger is not that great, and they are no longer in production. The positive is that they are very reliable and built like a tank. For HD and plinking it should be a fine gun, but I am not sure on the price since I have not priced them in a while.

guninthewater
March 17, 2008, 11:37 AM
They're good guns, but they're heavy for a pistol-caliber carbine. That, however, may not be a big deal to some folks, so it's your call. At $425, the price is decent if not wonderful. They're certainly fun to shoot and .40 S&W ammo is relative inexpensive.

The only issue I know of is getting high-capacity mags that feed well. The factory 10-rounders (and the old 11-rounders if you can find them) work great. Before I sold my PC-4 (to get an M1 Carbine) I tried some 20-round Promags that only turned the rifle into a jammomatic.

Lobotomy Boy
March 17, 2008, 01:59 PM
I have a PC9, and the trigger on that is really pretty good. It is a little heavy, but lighter than most rifle-caliber carbines, and it is incredibly rugged and reliable. You can get decent MecGar mags for it.

The only real downside is that disassembly for cleaning is a royal pain.

I was thinking about selling mine because I hardly ever shoot it, but the way things have been going lately, I changed my mind. This would be a great gun for a smaller person to have in an emergency situation. Instead of selling it, I bought some new high-cap MecGar mags.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Known Issues W/ Ruger PC-4 ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!