Question?

PDA

peck1234
March 16, 2008, 12:26 AM
Ok now from what I under stand, ARs use the gas blow back system to reload for the next shot. It uses some of the power from the bullet, to get to the next shot. Exactly how much fps does it rob from the bullet? For instace lets say my DPMS shoots 3000fps with a 55gr (16inch barrel). How much faster (fps) would a bolt action acheive with the same length barrel?

If you enjoyed reading about "Question?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BsChoy
March 16, 2008, 12:33 AM
It really isn't that much at all...10fps maybe?? It all depends on many factors and in the end all I have read says its negligible.

peck1234
March 16, 2008, 12:53 AM
hmmm I thought is would be somthing small....thanks...........any more feeback is welcome. :)

chris in va
March 16, 2008, 02:31 AM
That's actually a good question. I have a Saiga and CZ in x39, wish I had a chrony to compare them.

Swampy
March 17, 2008, 08:33 AM
That's actually a good question. I have a Saiga and CZ in x39, wish I had a chrony to compare them.

It probably would not tell you anything difinitive.

You will see more variation from other factors than from the gas bleed off of the gas system..... Bore diameter, ammo variation from shot to shot, barrel length, etc......

Best,
Swampy

Garands forever

If you enjoyed reading about "Question?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!