Oklahoma Poll Needs your vote

PDA

jenrob
March 16, 2008, 03:00 AM
koco.com/index.html

Need to help Okies out thier (we) behind

If you enjoyed reading about "Oklahoma Poll Needs your vote" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
james_bond
March 16, 2008, 03:16 AM
yes 51
no 49

ZeSpectre
March 16, 2008, 06:02 AM
Hit it.

Dionysusigma
March 16, 2008, 06:28 AM
55% Y
45% N

cpermd
March 16, 2008, 07:27 AM
I need a better link.
I can't find it on that home page.
I am a dense hillbilly.

saddlebum
March 16, 2008, 09:37 AM
left side bottom beside the M&M'S add

over50
March 16, 2008, 11:09 AM
572 57% our way
439 43% against

ravnew
March 16, 2008, 11:17 AM
Done

Should college students and faculty be allowed to carry concealed weapons on campus?
Choice Votes Percentage of 1012 Votes
Yes 573 57%
No 439 43%

RoadkingLarry
March 16, 2008, 01:37 PM
Here is a story about the main reason tis will not pass. David Boren (Boren (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_L._Boren)) is against it.

Tulsa World (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080315_1_A16_spanc57223)

University of Oklahoma President David Boren: “If it would help for me to get down on my knees to plead with the Legislature for the safety of our students, I would do so,”

Of course Boren carries but heaven forbid us little people be allowed to.

I had been in contact with my State Rep here, Chuck Hoskin (D) Dist 6 expressing my disappointment at his vote against this measure in the House. The man came to my door (he made 2 trips as I was not home the first time) to explain his vote against HB 2513, First thing he told me was that this was the first gun issue he has ever voted against. Then He went on to state that both college leadership and LEO leadership had been in contact with him to vote against the bill. Same old tired rhetoric we hear all the time, college students not mature enough, police couldn't tell the difference between good guy and bad guy. I returned with basic stats of CCW permit holders being very law abiding and that the cops never show up in time to stop the tragedies . Very surprising visit opened a path for future dialog with my Rep even though we parted still in disagreement.

Contacting you elected reps can get their attention.

chrlefxtrt
March 17, 2008, 12:24 PM
I hate the argument that college students are not responsible enough to carry concealed. That is not what people are trying to allow so that argument is not valid.
When ever I talk with someone about carrying on campus, I make sure to distinguish between legal ccw permit holders and drunk college kids.

If you enjoyed reading about "Oklahoma Poll Needs your vote" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!