LCP magazine extension mod?

PDA

bill bryant
March 16, 2008, 10:08 PM
This is a question for y'all who aready have an LCP.

Is the bottom of the magazine easy to remove, and could it be replaced by an after-market pinky extension?

If you enjoyed reading about "LCP magazine extension mod?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jocko
March 17, 2008, 05:59 AM
My friend says yes it can, he has both guns , the kt and lcp . He claims the ergo nomics of his lcp is so much nicer than the feel of his kt 380 that he doesn't even need the pinky extension on his lcp like he had to have on his kt 380.
Different hands for different folks makes a difference we all know that..

tacmedicp94
March 17, 2008, 04:27 PM
Before shooting the LCP I had the same thoughts about a pinky extention. After shooting my LCP I have to agree with jocko's friend in that there is really no need for one.

adam

drhath2001
March 3, 2009, 06:09 AM
I have found that it is difficult to find a thin, comfortable, concealed magazine holster for the LCP. I made my own. I will send you the directions so you may make one for yourself or I will be glad to make one for you. This holster is very thin, slides on your belt, holds two mags and has a fast opening velcro cover. Your mags will be secure until needed.

moooose102
March 3, 2009, 09:36 AM
installing the "pinkey extension" is very easy. take a dull pencil (or other tool), push in on the little "button" on the bottom of the floor plate, and slide the floor plate forward. be ready to retain the spring and floor plate retainer (which is the part you just pushed down). push the spring/floor plate retainer back down, and then just slide the pinkey extension floor plate on, and you are done. it is a very easy and worthwile modification to your lcp. you will find it will give you a lot more control of the pistol and probably shrink your groups.

TRGRHPY
March 3, 2009, 09:38 PM
I just fired my lcp for the first time this weekend after receiving it back from ruger for the update. Absolutely no problems at all except that it would benefit greatly from the magazine extensions, so I'm off to find a handfull of them. Replacing the floorplate is easy on the lcp. Just depress the nipple on the bottom and slide the plate off...and watch out that the spring doesn't shoot you in the face.

Anyone compared the pearce version vs rugers?

MICHAEL T
March 4, 2009, 01:40 AM
Bersa finger extension should fit Been useing on KT 's for long time Try her for extensions
http://condorsflight.com

If you enjoyed reading about "LCP magazine extension mod?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!