About switchblades

PDA

WaZZUp112
March 16, 2008, 10:30 PM
I wanted to buy a switchblade online becuase i cant find any good ones i like

well some website told me that buying switchblades or automatic knifes is against the law to have or own them

Is it true ?

I'm not going to be carrying around i just want one so it will never leave my house

can i buy one with no trouble or do i got a problem?

I live in illinois

If you enjoyed reading about "About switchblades" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ZombiesAhead
March 16, 2008, 10:39 PM
Pretty sure it's against the law for us "civilians."

WaZZUp112
March 16, 2008, 10:41 PM
Oh alright becuase some guys i know own some a they keep em it there house and they never take em out so i figured if they had one could i get one but guess not becuase some places said yes some didnt

highorder
March 16, 2008, 10:41 PM
It looks like you can't own one in Illinois:

720 ILCS 5/24-1. Unlawful Use of Weapons. (a) A person
commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons when he
knowingly: (1) Sells, manufactures, purchases, possesses
or carries any... knife commonly referred to as a
switchblade knife, which has a blade that opens
automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring
or other device in the handle of the knife, or a ballistic
knife, which is a device that propels a knifelike blade as
a projectile by means of a coil spring, elastic material,
or compressed gas...

hso
March 16, 2008, 10:53 PM
Not all states do, but IL is one of the states that prohibits possession of switchblades.

We've discussed the legality of switchblades in the US and various states before in this forum. If you want to know if they're legal to own or carry you can search that information out here at THR NFW or you can google "switchblade laws" and check any number of websites that summarizes the laws for all 50 states.

If you enjoyed reading about "About switchblades" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!