Mystery magazine: SAR-2?

PDA

PMATULEW
March 17, 2008, 08:19 AM
I picked up what I thought was a 10-rd SAR-1 magazine this weekend. Apparently it is not, since it doesn't fit my rifle. It fits in the mag well but is a hair long so it wont snap in to place.:confused:

Side by side with a correct magazine they are almost identical. Romanian, blued steel, ridgeback spine. The incorrect magazine has heavy die marks in the reinforced shoulder plate and a narrow vertical slot on each side I haven't seen before. The incorrect magazine is also about an eight of an inch narrower in the body, has a slightly narrower channel in the front where the rounds slide out and just a hair narrower in the shoulder. I was able to insert 6 rounds of 7.62x39 and that didn't seen quite right.

Could this be a 10-rd SAR-2 magazine? Does anyone have one of each that they could compare? Better yet does anyone want to trade?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mystery magazine: SAR-2?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Mystery magazine: SAR-2?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!