Don't need much to make a good day.

PDA

armoredman
March 17, 2008, 04:54 PM
Got to try some new magazines today for the Mini-14, on loan awaiting payment, as it were. Two RamLine 30s, two identified as Western magazine, one 40 and one 20.
I had a bunch of reloads with me, used up some older powder I didn't really like much, (Reloder 15), and did a magazine funtion check, as well as short range target shooting - 25 yards. I like short range - blew out many x rings in 100 rounds! OK, at that range I had BETTER be blowing out X rings, or there is something really wrong. Also discovered that the Min-14 LOVES 55gr FMJ on top of H-4895, a powder I do like. That was new, just started using it for .223.
An interesting aside, an older gentleman was sharing the lanes with me, (two people on a 15 position range, that's why I like shooting on the weekday!), who was doing the same thing - trying new mags in HIS older 182 series Mini-14. I left half my brass down there, as I couldn't say for a fact which was his/mine, as mine flung it, and his gently dropped it, in the SAME SPOT!:banghead: Ah, no big deal, over 48 brass.:rolleyes: Besides, he gave me a 10 round mag as I left, said he couldn't get it to work. ID'd as a USA brand mag, will work on it later.
Still no camera, maybe next payday it will come home. :(
Ah, only there for an hour, but feel pretty darn good.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/PICT0020.jpg
Oh, BTW,the Mini worked perfectly, again, with all rounds. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Don't need much to make a good day." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Don't need much to make a good day." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!