Forum Search Not Helping With My Question.

PDA

Magnuumpwr
March 17, 2008, 07:13 PM
Does anyone have information about which factory load is more accurate from a DPMS LR-308 with a 1 in 10" twist barrel, 168gr Federal gold match or heavier loads?

If you enjoyed reading about "Forum Search Not Helping With My Question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
iamkris
March 17, 2008, 10:04 PM
The factory load that is most accurate is going to be the factory load that is most accurate...in that particular rifle.

There is no way to predict what any one rifle is going to like. 1 in 10 should stablize 168 or 175 gr loads.

strat81
March 17, 2008, 10:17 PM
Use Google for searches. From the main google search box, enter your search terms followed by: "site:thehighroad.org" (omit the quotes). This works for any website, so try Arfcom, TFL, Snipers Hide, etc.

HTH

Magnuumpwr
March 17, 2008, 10:41 PM
I worded my question wrong, but has been answered. I didn't want to waste money on heavier ammo, if the twist rate wouldn't stabilize it. Now I can get some boxes of heavier loads to test. Thanks for the help.

Buzzbox
March 17, 2008, 11:17 PM
this response shouldn't help either.

kingjoey
March 17, 2008, 11:45 PM
In .308 and 30.06 rifles with a 1-10 twist I've had great results with 165-175 gr bullets. As stated previously though, each gun is different and may or may not shoot worth a damn with a particular ammo. The only way to know is to try different ammo or handloads and see what your gun shoots best with. There is no textbook answer for what you're asking really. Sorry :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Forum Search Not Helping With My Question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!