Need a little help for the computer dimwitted

PDA

Pancho
March 17, 2008, 09:18 PM
You guys finally were able to talk me through posting pictures. Now I've got another problem.
I wanted to repost a picture and when I hooked up my camera to download it again I got a prompt that said that I'd already downloaded that picture on a previous thread. OK, but I couldn't figure how to reuse the previously downloaded picture in a new post nor would it let me download the picture again to repost it. Can you help me?

If you enjoyed reading about "Need a little help for the computer dimwitted" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Im283
March 17, 2008, 10:28 PM
somewhere, can't remember, on the page where you choose what pics to upload into THR there will be a link to the thread where you posted the picture previously. I have tried to post a previously posted pic and that is what happened. It will tell you you have loaded it already and will display a link to the thread, then go find your pic and right click on it, hit "copy shortcut" and insert that url into the picture link.

Hope that jibberish makes sense.

Wildfire
March 18, 2008, 02:51 AM
Hey there:
Pancho , I have had the same problem. I did have a few that I went back and "Renamed" them in my computor. Some worked some did not.
So I made a copy in my comp, and try'd again. Some worked and some did not.

scrat
March 18, 2008, 11:17 AM
Agreed save the picture on your computer but rename it. You actually just need to change or ad a number or letter. Just so long as the computer sees that its different.

GENTLEMAN OF THE CHARCOAL
March 18, 2008, 11:48 AM
I had that problem also when I was using THR to download thumbnails. Then, while THR was down for the upgrade I went ahead and uploaded to PhotoBucket. I don't have that problem with them. I can post the same photograph over and over in the same thread or in different threads. No problem....

scrat
March 18, 2008, 11:50 AM
photobucket is so easy once you learn it. thats what i originaly tried to send to pancho

J.T. Gerrity
March 18, 2008, 02:04 PM
If you look at the green toolbar at the top of this page, you'll see a link called "User CP". Click on that link, and then scroll down to "Miscellaneous", then "Attachments". Click on this, and it will list all of the pics you have stored on the THR server. Click on the pic you want in order to obtain the URL for that picture. This way you don't have to rename your pics... just use the one already uploaded. This won't show any pics you have stored somewhere else (like Photobucket), though.

arcticap
March 19, 2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks. I never realized that and have always needed to search to find the attachments I wanted to re-post. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Need a little help for the computer dimwitted" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!