FN49 Stocks

PDA

Janos Dracwlya
March 17, 2008, 09:39 PM
I was at a gun show this weekend and I picked up an 8mm FN49, sans stock and stock hardware. For $200, I was pretty happy - it headspaces fine and the bore looks good - no pitting anyway and strong, sharp lands. I knew there was a chance it might be a while before I could get all of the parts to make it a complete rifle.

Anyway, can a .30-06 stock be used on an 8mm action/barrel? Numrich only has the former, but, if it won't work, I'll just wait, maybe pick up the parts they have that I can use (barrel band, middle trigger guard screw, etc.)

Thanks for any pointers folks can give.

Janos

If you enjoyed reading about "FN49 Stocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vaarok
March 17, 2008, 11:06 PM
You'll have a gap, since the inletting's a little different and longer, but it will work. Not pretty, but sorta. I have an 8mm in an '06 stock.

Janos Dracwlya
March 18, 2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks.

Any chance you can post a photo so I can see how the stock fits?

silverlance
March 19, 2008, 12:20 AM
just be patient and wait... you'll find an egyptian stock soon enough.

i see them every once in a while.

if you buy an 06 stock you will want to buy an 8mm anyway.

Janos Dracwlya
May 6, 2008, 09:47 PM
So, can anyone tell me how to ID an Egyptian stock from photos so I can buy one online if I find one?

Thanks.

Janos

Coronach
May 6, 2008, 11:34 PM
Or, buy the 06 stock, and use it until you locate an 8mm stock, then sell the 06 stock.

Depends on how badly you want to shoot the rifle.

Mike

Full Clip
May 7, 2008, 12:32 AM
Many Egyptian FN49 stocks I've seen have a brass stock disc on the right side.

If you enjoyed reading about "FN49 Stocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!