JDS Quick Measure for 800-X

PDA

Bringsteen
March 18, 2008, 08:57 PM
IMR 800-X meters poorly. When I load it, I have to use Lee Dippers. I have seen ads for the JDS Quick Measure in which they claim that it will not cut powder. Does anyone have experience with this measure? Would it be a good powder measure for 800-X and other hard-to-measure powders? For me this is a problem because 800-X works so well in my 10MM, but I imagine that there are other problem powders for any number of cartridges.

Bringsteen

If you enjoyed reading about "JDS Quick Measure for 800-X" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ol` Joe
March 20, 2008, 09:04 PM
The JDS does as advertized and will NOT CUT stick powders. I have one and found with a little practice it measures very consistantly with either ball, stick, or flake styles, notably better then my old Lyman 55.

Encoreman
March 20, 2008, 11:48 PM
Okay, I have to ask is the JDS a brand name or who is it made by? I too have problems metering 800-x for my 10mm as well, I use a RCBS uniflow. Thanks Mac

Ol` Joe
March 21, 2008, 12:12 PM
JDS = Johnson Design Specialties, Quick Measure is the product name.

http://www.quick-measure.com/

Bringsteen
March 21, 2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks Ol' Joe. I appreciate the information.

Bringsteen

If you enjoyed reading about "JDS Quick Measure for 800-X" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!