Colt Sporter

PDA

Firepower!
March 19, 2008, 09:08 AM
.223 Colt Sporter question.

I am thinking about putting in a select fire pin in this rifle...do you think it will withstand the select fire over the period of time or will this not work?

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Sporter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zach S
March 19, 2008, 09:14 AM
There's a little more to it than a pin. There's the toggle (AKA autosear) that goes on the pin, then of course there's the trigger, disconnector, hammer, safety, possible felony charge (if you get caught), $25,000(?) fine, ten years in club fed, legal fees, etc.

If you want a machinegun I think about 16K will buy you a registered recieiver. Drop in autosears go for a little north of 10k now, and I dont know about lightning links.

Firepower!
March 19, 2008, 09:24 AM
Zach...I am not in US so not worried about the laws there. AS per what needs to be done to the gun is my local gunsmith's headach.

My question is WILL IT WITHSTAND THE SELECT FIRE PRESSURE?

Acera
March 19, 2008, 11:58 AM
Why would it not? The AR receiver is beefer than the M16 due to the extra metal they included to help prevent illegal modifications. I don't think you will have a problem, if it is done correctly.

Zach S
March 19, 2008, 01:36 PM
Zach...I am not in US so not worried about the laws there.
Oh, well that changes everything. You dont have a location listed, and most of THR is in the states, so I just assumed... Well, you know what they say about assumptions.

I dont see why it would be a problem.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Sporter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!