RCBS Automatic Bench Priming Tool?

PDA

Bullet
March 19, 2008, 11:35 PM
Does anyone us this? It is the one with the primer feed tubes.
If you do how do you like it?

If you enjoyed reading about "RCBS Automatic Bench Priming Tool?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rg1
March 20, 2008, 12:43 AM
I've used it for years and wouldn't dream of priming with anything else. It's leverage enables you to feel the primer pocket fit better than any other seating method. You can feel a loose pocket easily and also feel the primer bottom out. It places the primer from the tube to cup automatically and without fail. I'd recommend buying extra RCBS shellholders, one for the AutoPrime and another for the press. The usual warning about the priming tubes about keeping them clean and be careful of jams in the tube, but I've not had any problems with the tubes with any brand primer. You'll like this tool especially if you prime on a press. I've not used a hand primer but couldn't imagine they'd suit me as well as the AutoPrime RCBS

capbuster
March 20, 2008, 12:47 AM
I have found it to be a very useful tool. I tried using it with the tube for awhile and although it worked well, I decided to insert each primer by hand instead. take care.

okeybug
March 20, 2008, 08:19 AM
I use it some and like it. I use it mainly for rifle when using my single stage press. I also very use the Lee Autoprime. For the money, it's the best one out there. Since going to Dillon progressive presses, I don't use them much now. RCBS and Sinclair have expensive copies of he Lee Autoprime. The RCBS is well made for a lifetime of service. The only down side is price.
Good luck!

OLD DOMENION
March 20, 2008, 08:30 PM
I have used the
RCBS
Auto. Priming Tool
Bench Mounted
Part# 09460 [Available for for about $70]
since it first came on the market about 1970. I love it!!!

ADKWOODSMAN
March 20, 2008, 09:59 PM
I can say the same as OLD DOMENION. Must add I had a problem with mine after 30 years and they replaced it.

Bullet
March 20, 2008, 11:01 PM
Iím going to order one. Thanks for your replies.

If you enjoyed reading about "RCBS Automatic Bench Priming Tool?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!