Replacement foam for Pelican 1750-- single sheet???

PDA

JWarren
March 20, 2008, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know where a person can purchase a SINGLE-SHEET of foam for the Pelican 1750 case?

I have a couple configurations that I would like to have a center piece of foam for. Everywhere I look, I can buy a 3-piece set with all three pieces for like $90.00.

This would be fine-- since I could cut multiple layouts and be done with it-- except that the two exterior pieces are of a different type. Those pieces are rougher and more porous.

Thanks in advance!

-- John

If you enjoyed reading about "Replacement foam for Pelican 1750-- single sheet???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cchurchi
March 20, 2008, 10:00 AM
I have a 1720 case and had to purchase the 3 piece from pelican. I looked into having 1 piece made but it was just as expensive as the 3 piece. Luckily, the 3 pieces are identical.

JWarren
March 20, 2008, 10:07 AM
Ahh... I may just do that then.

I assumed that the three pieces would be like the set that came with my case.

I am sure I can find three more configurations to cut for.

Thanks!

-- John

rr2241tx
March 20, 2008, 10:23 AM
Ask a custom upholstery shop where the local foam dealer is. They will have pretty much any style and strength of foam you can imagine and the tools to cut it for a perfect fit. Foam is not expensive, brand names are.

Billy_H
March 20, 2008, 10:26 AM
^^^ What I was going to say. You should be able to find spot locally where you can pick up some nice closed cell foam, or whatever type you are looking for.

JWarren
March 20, 2008, 10:33 AM
hmmmm... more options... thanks again guys!

-- John

4thPointOfContact
March 20, 2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.foambymail.com

I Believe sells sheets of foam, but you'll need to trim it to proper shape.

jmr40
March 20, 2008, 03:42 PM
Any craft store of fabric shop should carry something that will work. In fact most Walmarts, at least in the south have pretty big fabric depts. and should have it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Replacement foam for Pelican 1750-- single sheet???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!